Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2008
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
Unwanted Mouse? How about a duck...!!!

Well... woke up this morning... Had my coffee... was below.. and kept hearing noise... I couldn't figure it out at all.. Turns out that it's a duck living in my port cockpit compartment.

Mouse Indeed....please.

Ok.. Let's get on with it.

Where do I put the peanut butter and how big does the bucket have to be?

I mean... eggs and everything. I tossed a few more rags in there.. she promptly pulled them to her. The poor eggs are sitting on the fiberglass and that's what all the banging is...

Now what the hell do I do?

craig
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-13-2008

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
There you go, thats what that piece of pipe is for! Hit the s.o.b with it!
Old 04-13-2008
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb2 View Post
There you go, thats what that piece of pipe is for! Hit the s.o.b with it!
Duck Removal Tool!

I just don't have the heart though.... I'm a big fat wimp. There's gonna be Duck Crap everywhere isn't there...

I love
Old 04-13-2008

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
I wouldn't really hit either! but one of those plastic owls or blow up snakes might work. I had a bird problem once, told my wife I was going to the store to pick up some new plastic Hooters. She was not amused!
Old 04-13-2008
SaltwaterSuzi/CapnLarry

LarryandSusanMacDonald will become famous soon enough
Had that happen once in the boat yard where I work. A duck had built her nest in the coils of line which was the anchor rode. My assigned task was to remove the shrink wrap from the boat.

When I encountered the duck with her threatening defense of her nest, I decided not to risk my pretty face and attractive countenance on an angered duck. I got the yard manager, and asked what the policy was regarding sitting ducks.

He, being much braver than I, simply walked up and picked up the duck and tossed it overboard. Then he cracked one of the eggs to check gestation - and there was none - yolk all over the deck. So we threw the eggs into the water, cleaned up the mess. And we all lived happily ever after.

I still see the duck on occasion. She narrows her beady little eyes at me and then we laugh. Ah, the memories of old times.

"A sailboat is a fickle mistress. Youíve got to buy her things. Youíve got to understand everything about her. What you donít know sheíll use against you." -Captain Larry

Old 04-13-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
I had that happen at the beginning of last season when I first arrived at the marina. A duck made it's home in one of the coaming compartments and promptly laid 8 eggs. It would leave when we left the dock and promtly come back when we returned. I didn't have the heart to throw it out. However, some time later I started to back the boat in instead of bow first and that confused the duck enough that she couldn't find the cockpit again. I waited a couple of weeks but those eggs got pretty bad and had to go. Never saw the little bugger again but I'm sure she crapped on my boat to get even.
Old 04-13-2008

rennisaint is on a distinguished road
I was down in New Orleans recently and had this awesome duck confit pizza with eggs and wilted arugala. Sounds like you got half the ingredients already!
Old 04-13-2008
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

HAhahah!

I'm was waiting for a few recipies...

Seems she's abandoned the place.. left her eggs to freeze all day.

Might take this opportunity to move the nest to a more appropriate location.

I love
Old 04-13-2008

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
How did the duck get it, and if it has already laid eggs, how come you didn't notice before?
Old 04-13-2008
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

Hey Free.
Get in? Well it's a combing compartment. Outside. Guess she just kinda waltzed right in there...

I don't know why I didn't notice... I wasn't on the boat for a few days... since Tuesday... But I didn't notice on Saturday night either... wasn't till Sunday morning.. I heard the eggs rolling. And saw the duck peering out at me.. heh.

I love