Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008
Wind and pie move my boat.

kjango is on a distinguished road
reinventing one's self again

First time here . Hi everyone . A whim has begun to take on a life of it's own . As a young man I was a merchant seaman , worked offshore some on small boats , & went sailing twice . Then I became a single parent when my son was 9 months old so I went back to the ranch in Montana & raised my child . More recently I have found myself adrift in life & dreaming of the sea . Little over a month ago I put my house up for sale & started looking for a boat . Then the notion started growing a life of it's own . My brother who runs 2 shipping ports called & offered places for a boat either in Gulfport Mississippi or Freeport Texas . Then a cousiin called & said she has a place on Cobb Island , & my son called , who lives on lake Michigan to ask if I wanted him to research a route along the east coast to him . Then my uncle called who has a place in Barataria Louisiana to offer his dock to me . Now this guy in his 70's could have gone to work for NASA & we'd have put a man on the moon in 59 instead of 69 . I think he went to like the 8th grade in school but there's nothing he cant build , fix , invent , conjure , or dream . What I expected to hear was alot of.......are you NUTS !!!!!!!!!!!! So I've narrowed my choices to about 8 boats in Florida & Texas & I'm beginning to anticipate my 1st problem is going to be moving a boat from either Florida to Texas to my uncle's in Louisiana . Any ideas anyone other then hiring it out , which to me seems way too easy albeit maybe more reasonable , for a notion as whimiscal as this but which seems to on it's way to fruition .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2008

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
You only need to post the question once.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-21-2008

Sorry for posting twice......never posted before & I guess I erred some how
Old 04-21-2008
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Hey, he did say he was reinventing himself. This is just stage two. Next he will emerge as a perfectly formed butterfly.

ps welcome to the funny farm Kjango. Good luck to you.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 04-21-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Getting from Florida to Louisiana is easier than from Texas. Either way though, is doable. I bought my boat in Texas, and I'm currently in North Carolina.

You can take the Waterway all the way from Texas, with the only real bad spot between Shell Morgan Landing and Morgan City. It's too far to do in a day for most sailboats, so you'll have to plan that part carefully. Other than that, everything is one day runs, from anchorage to anchorage, or marina.

Best wishes on fullfilling your dream. It CAN be done!

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

Old 04-21-2008

I'm having a hard time imagining that from either Texas or Florida could be done in day......but hey thanks guys & glad to meet you.....I sorta stumbled into this site & have already gleaned some useful info the last cocuple days
Old 04-21-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
KJango...he meant done in single daytime jumps rather than overnight or multi-day passages. ie. wake up...go 50 miles...put anchor down...do the same the next day.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.