Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008

jimmyb116 is on a distinguished road
As we have received several PM’S from members we thought it only polite to give an explanation.
My wife has been giving me the gears for a while for spending too much time on sailnet my response was “why don’t you join in”.
So she did only to be deleted, now she is pissed and if you knew my wife that’s not good.
I would not let her post her response as even I would have deleted it.
She is big on equality and “Quote” (doesn’t think she needs to prove she has breasts to any man in order to be allowed to post). Our profile was clear that we were a family 1 man 1 woman 1 kid she feels the moderators should have asked if it was her or I “quote” (not just assumed the second class citizen wouldn’t be posting) as you can tell I will be paying for this for a long time. Good luck to all safe boating and have a good summer.
Old 04-25-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Jim,
I understand your situation. In reality the moderators were trying to protect the women on this site from some inappropriate responses and to ensure they have their own forum for discussions. Not every woman here takes the same approach as your wife. It's tough for the moderator to know who's of what sex. The women only forum is new and some of the glitches need to be worked out. In fact, CD just posed the question to our female members on how they want the forum to be run. Any chance you can convince her to give it one more try? We'd hate to lose you guys.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb116 View Post
As we have received several PM’S from members we thought it only polite to give an explanation.
My wife has been giving me the gears for a while for spending too much time on sailnet my response was “why don’t you join in”.
So she did only to be deleted, now she is pissed and if you knew my wife that’s not good.
I would not let her post her response as even I would have deleted it.
She is big on equality and “Quote” (doesn’t think she needs to prove she has breasts to any man in order to be allowed to post). Our profile was clear that we were a family 1 man 1 woman 1 kid she feels the moderators should have asked if it was her or I “quote” (not just assumed the second class citizen wouldn’t be posting) as you can tell I will be paying for this for a long time. Good luck to all safe boating and have a good summer.
Obviously I did not know she was a female. I wrongly assumed it was a male. I did not jump your case, I did not get ugly, I was not mean, I simply deleted it.

What you could have done was reply back and say, "Hey, CD, I am a female... I am his wife... etc". I would have assuredly apologized and reposted it, as I am apologizing now.

I simply have too many people and posts to keep up with to know the details of every person that posts. We have on average some thousands of people on line at any time. Quite candidly, I think you are coming off a little hard on me. All I have treid to be is be fair and create an environment that is relatively safe to be viewed and participated by everyone.

It is likely that the female members of our forum will want men participation in their thread. That is up to them, not me. I could care less either way. I have spoken with Cam and he thought it was to be a place where it was heavily moderated, not female only. As such, I made a mistake. Not the first, and suredly not the last.

Your decision to stay or go is up to you and your family. I too have a family and know the difficulties of spending considerable time on the internet and away from them. It is not, nor has it ever been, my intention to push away or frustrate members. It has been my strong intention to try and keep them here and make it a comfortable place for them to participate without concern for personal attacks or profanity or very innappropriate posts.

And in return for all my time (countless hours on the internet, days away from work, nights, weekends, etc away from my family trying to give back to the community that I love), I get a post like this.

Thanks.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-25-2008
Galley Goddess

sailhagg is on a distinguished road
You know we need feisty women on HerSailnet! How else are we going to keep the men in there place!? You know...off HerSailnet.....
Old 04-25-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Jimmy...I was not involved in the thread...but here we have one screen name for one person and your wife should have taken 1 minute to post under her own moniker rather than yours...otherwise misunderstandings take place. Just think what would happen if Mrs. Giu could not be distinguished from the Portagee!
Anyway... we believe in equality too...that's why we insist that everyone post under their own screen names and multiple names for the same person are banned.
Old 04-25-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Rallo???

Mi nama isa Lady Giulietta..I ama da wifa da greata sailora Portugala Alex.

He big man, big boat...me horny...ummm I lova da my man Portugalo..

Uhmmmm he biga man..he lika da boat witha 2 wheela...he very versatila...he handsome mana..not dunkey face like CD and not rednecka like Camaraderia

signed

Mrs. Giulietta
Old 04-25-2008

MMR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb116 View Post
...She is big on equality and “Quote” (doesn’t think she needs to prove she has breasts to any man in order to be allowed to post). O
Can't have it both ways, Ms Jimmy. Can't be pissed that you weren't "recognized as a legitimate poster" when you didn't post as yourself, with YOUR personal ID.

I know you were a 'group' ID, but if YOU want to be taken seriously, then get your own ID and join as YOU. More honest, more respectful of the "rules of the road" and less confusing to other forum members.

That was a bait and switch on the moderator. Sheesh.
Old 04-25-2008

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Hey CD. I don't have any idea what the original post was that led to all this but I just wanted to say that I have always found you to be fair and good natured. You can't make everyone happy all the time so don't sweat it. You are appreciated.

jimmyb116, you guys are a too sensitive.
Old 04-25-2008
Trim for Sail

uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
Rallo???

Mi nama isa Lady Giulietta..I ama da wifa da greata sailora Portugala Alex.

He big man, big boat...me horny...ummm I lova da my man Portugalo..

Uhmmmm he biga man..he lika da boat witha 2 wheela...he very versatila...he handsome mana..not dunkey face like CD and not rednecka like Camaraderia

signed

Mrs. Giulietta
yeah Cam, you make a good point can you delete Nimfy's profile...i think she posted under my name once!

Sin City, Liquor all day, Poker all night...Channel Islands & Diego, So Cal
BJ & Nimfa
S/V Flocerfida

If You dont Stand Behind our troops...Feel Free To STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
Old 04-25-2008

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
I've been deleted.

I finally convinced the Adm. to get her own screen name. She's only posted a few times.