SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Delete me please

7K views 54 replies 29 participants last post by  XTR 
#1 ·
To the moderators please delete me (photos, posts, login etc, thanks)
To all the great people Alex and the rest thanks for everything and good sailing.

James Kathy and Carrie

#3 · (Edited)
I missed your post, don't see any reason to leave. Stick around!!!

I say we take a vote. You count for 1 to leave. There is already 2 for you to stay. Done... Democracy in action.

Hell, I read the thread and didn't even know we had a "female" forum till then.

Hey mods I feel left out, can I get a "Bald" forum??? (those guys with hair are so insensitive)

#6 ·
If the deletion is the issue, not a reason to have oneself deleted.

On the other hand, if the spouse did the reply, or said how to reply.........worth getting angry over, but not THAT angry.....

I'll make it a 4-1 vote! Also be noted, I did not read said thread until 10 min ago too!

#10 ·
I think I can admit to that so far.........altho I have had my share of getting to delete threads, posts, close the above on another site!:B:B:B:B had a few deleted too over there, even tho I am a mod.......

Somethings are worth arguing over, others let them roll off ones back..........

off to dinner.

#18 ·
Actually, it was not that bad really..

And it was CD that deleted it, not Cam..

It was a post, and me and others jumped in and wrote our posts,

CD then didn't agree with us writting on the "feminine thread" and deleted it...

I was surprized, but hey...this place is not mine...

For the record, nothing written was offensive.

#17 ·
I saw the deleted post yesterday before Cam got to it. I don't remember what he said, it did not strike me as offensive, but it was on an obviously feminine matter and as Cam says later in that thread, he deleted the male comments in order to maintain HerSailnet for the women - which I think is a valid policy.

#19 ·
Strange, since I've made many posts as replies on HerSailNet, with the intent to help or offer constructive criticism. No one ever complained.

Where is it written that guys can't offer opinions in the girl's room? Seems fine to me, if "locker room" antics aren't used.

Just another form of segregation and undue censorship.

#21 ·
As we have received several PM’S from members we thought it only polite to give an explanation.
My wife has been giving me the gears for a while for spending too much time on sailnet my response was “why don’t you join in”.
So she did only to be deleted, now she is pissed and if you knew my wife that’s not good.
I would not let her post her response as even I would have deleted it.
She is big on equality and “Quote” (doesn’t think she needs to prove she has breasts to any man in order to be allowed to post). Our profile was clear that we were a family 1 man 1 woman 1 kid she feels the moderators should have asked if it was her or I “quote” (not just assumed the second class citizen wouldn’t be posting) as you can tell I will be paying for this for a long time. Good luck to all safe boating and have a good summer.

#23 ·
As we have received several PM'S from members we thought it only polite to give an explanation.
My wife has been giving me the gears for a while for spending too much time on sailnet my response was "why don't you join in".
So she did only to be deleted, now she is pissed and if you knew my wife that's not good.
I would not let her post her response as even I would have deleted it.
She is big on equality and "Quote" (doesn't think she needs to prove she has breasts to any man in order to be allowed to post). Our profile was clear that we were a family 1 man 1 woman 1 kid she feels the moderators should have asked if it was her or I "quote" (not just assumed the second class citizen wouldn't be posting) as you can tell I will be paying for this for a long time. Good luck to all safe boating and have a good summer.
Obviously I did not know she was a female. I wrongly assumed it was a male. I did not jump your case, I did not get ugly, I was not mean, I simply deleted it.

What you could have done was reply back and say, "Hey, CD, I am a female... I am his wife... etc". I would have assuredly apologized and reposted it, as I am apologizing now.

I simply have too many people and posts to keep up with to know the details of every person that posts. We have on average some thousands of people on line at any time. Quite candidly, I think you are coming off a little hard on me. All I have treid to be is be fair and create an environment that is relatively safe to be viewed and participated by everyone.

It is likely that the female members of our forum will want men participation in their thread. That is up to them, not me. I could care less either way. I have spoken with Cam and he thought it was to be a place where it was heavily moderated, not female only. As such, I made a mistake. Not the first, and suredly not the last.

Your decision to stay or go is up to you and your family. I too have a family and know the difficulties of spending considerable time on the internet and away from them. It is not, nor has it ever been, my intention to push away or frustrate members. It has been my strong intention to try and keep them here and make it a comfortable place for them to participate without concern for personal attacks or profanity or very innappropriate posts.

And in return for all my time (countless hours on the internet, days away from work, nights, weekends, etc away from my family trying to give back to the community that I love), I get a post like this.

Thanks.

- CD

#22 ·
Jim,
I understand your situation. In reality the moderators were trying to protect the women on this site from some inappropriate responses and to ensure they have their own forum for discussions. Not every woman here takes the same approach as your wife. It's tough for the moderator to know who's of what sex. The women only forum is new and some of the glitches need to be worked out. In fact, CD just posed the question to our female members on how they want the forum to be run. Any chance you can convince her to give it one more try? We'd hate to lose you guys.

#25 ·
Jimmy...I was not involved in the thread...but here we have one screen name for one person and your wife should have taken 1 minute to post under her own moniker rather than yours...otherwise misunderstandings take place. Just think what would happen if Mrs. Giu could not be distinguished from the Portagee!
Anyway... we believe in equality too...that's why we insist that everyone post under their own screen names and multiple names for the same person are banned.

#26 ·
Rallo???

Mi nama isa Lady Giulietta..I ama da wifa da greata sailora Portugala Alex.

He big man, big boat...me horny...ummm I lova da my man Portugalo..

Uhmmmm he biga man..he lika da boat witha 2 wheela...he very versatila...he handsome mana..not dunkey face like CD and not rednecka like Camaraderia

signed

Mrs. Giulietta

#28 ·
Hey CD. I don't have any idea what the original post was that led to all this but I just wanted to say that I have always found you to be fair and good natured. You can't make everyone happy all the time so don't sweat it. You are appreciated.

jimmyb116, you guys are a too sensitive.

#31 · (Edited)
Deleting something that is not off topic, or offensive is rude regardless of what gender said it or where it was said. The post was informative and the person who deleted it was wrong to do so.
Had the person who deleted the post read it, he/she would have realized that the comment was a good one. That is why I agreed with the post, but I was also deleted.
Deleting the post based on the assumption that it was posted by a man and therefore inappropriate is clearly prejudice.

#32 ·
..Deleting the post based on the assumption that it was posted by a man and therefore inappropriate is clearly prejudice.
Clarification: The moderator thought the herSailnet forum rules were "for women ONLY to post" and was enforcing the rules as he understood them at that time.

CLEARLY, just doing his job.

Got an uproar, asked for clarification, rule changed. DONE! Just doing his job.

#33 ·
I've posted there a couple of times. One was for womens opins on life jackets, I said what spouse and daughters thought of the ones they wear and why. The other was in response to a women that inherated a boat at my marina, had to say it looked very sad the day it came in, but now, WOW is a good way to put it!!

At this point in time, personally, I feel CD probably went a bit to far and quick at the deletions. Mrs Jimmy, probably should have signed it mrs Jimmy if she did not! The two have gone a bit overboard in there needs watns to quit! Both are right and wrong IMHO. Not that it matters.

If CD has teh ability, I know I do moderating another forum at least this large if not larger, over 200K reg names etc. I can delete, go back and see what was deleted, changed etc, even if by the OP, and C&P back to what was there etc if need be. CD should do this along with his apology that has been done.

To have it females only answering there, even for a question like this, what if the replyer had been an OBGYN or other equal medical field personell , but male? HIS answer would not have counted, yet he has as much or more knowlege on said subject than most of us.

As far as moderators go, I have no issues with either of the two, but do feel, if it would help them, like the other forum I do, splitting up the forums such that there is one or two mods per forum would help, and EA area has its own mods. with maybe CD and Cam if one will be the overall mods that have powers in ALL forums, the others, only in there area.

My opins for what how they count, now, lets get back to sailing etc.

marty

#34 ·
I think the larger issue here is why is CD spending so much time in HerSailNet? I've reviewed the thread in question and he's gone so far as to post repeatedly and he's done it inside other people's threads. Talk about jumping to the front of the line...

:D :D :D

I actually think the idea of a HerSailNet is a pretty good one and, while I can understand James/Kathy/Carrie's feelings, I would encourage them to consider how "Jimmy" posting in that thread might be a little bit confusing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.