Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time but Alex can bite me.

Last edited by xort; 04-25-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2008

TomandKarens34 is on a distinguished road
Burnout happens. Never put a forum before relationships and a good nights sleep. This ain't the real world after all. I was a mod for four years myself.
Old 04-25-2008

nolatom will become famous soon enough
I'm not all that conscious of moderators, which means they're doing a good job (not unlike, "if you sleep well tonight, thank a Marine..")

But without much thanks, which is why it seems like a thankless job.. So thanks from one of your "average" contributors. While squeaky wheels get the attention (and sometimes the grease), those who keep the rest of the wheels running are the ones who get the cargo delivered.
Old 04-25-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Just a quick note to say thanks for the support folks. You may have noticed that I do not take the same reticent approach on issues I am passionate about as CD. I've made it clear numerous times that my views are my own and have nothing to do with my moderator status. Nevertheless, I do feel it my duty to help the site succeed so I do refrain from calling some people idiots cause then I'd have to ban myself!
One thing I have learned about the moderating aspects of this role is that you can't keep everyone happy... so I just try to use my own standards and be fair in their application and live with the results. If ya don't like it...write to CD and complain!
Old 04-25-2008
Admirals fav target

NCountry is on a distinguished road
The boards are moderated? I just thought everyone was really nice and polite here. Never mind the fact that the portugese can't spell....

Now I'll go back to my non-abusive job as an insurance agent.....
Old 04-25-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Thank you everyone for the comments. I was really in shock and they were very nice.

I read back through what I wrote and it was definitely a rant... though I did not mean it to be. We have bad days too.

All I ask, and Cam and Jeff: Cut us some slack. We are human.

Thanks again. I have to run.

There are a lot of great people here.

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-25-2008
Swabbing the deck

Watermelon is on a distinguished road
You guys (moderators) gets kudos from me. You guys are doing a good job, and I know it's quite difficult, can be exhausting at times, and quite thankless. Thank you for providing an excellent service and a positive experience for the SailNet community users. If you need a break, take one, family and life comes first.
Old 04-25-2008
Grasshopper

JiffyLube is on a distinguished road
How did the moderators get to be moderators to begin with?...inquiring minds would like to know.
Old 04-25-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
I came over here from SBO...It is a family safe site also but not near the fun this one is...I have been to SA a dozen times maybe and posted once...I cant handel the language there for long though..You guys have done a great job CD steering this site to the middle ground...I think Sailnet should pay you with free stuff now and again if nothing else...
Im pretty thin skinned myself and wount last long around here without your steerage so Keep up the fight...Thanks to both of you..

I also agree you should speak you views whenever you desire..you are imposing that restriction on yourself for undue reason me thinks..

Lastly...I have already met some great people here that someday would hope our paths would cross...And I have benefited materially from some of your friendships if you will alow me too call them that..
Take erps ( Ray ) he led me to finding my slip right next to his...or Giu (Alex) we will be related once our kids marry..

Cam and CD we have you to thank for what we have here probably more then Sailnet for with out your steerage who knows what this site would look like...

Last edited by Stillraining; 04-25-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCountry View Post
Never mind the fact that the portugese can't spell....
Apparentely.... neither can you....it's PortugUese....for the record