Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
The new quieter ones are ok.....the old noisy ones I still want to shoot...

OH ya..... jetskis that is........

By the way Iv got a BBQ too...

Last edited by Stillraining; 04-25-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2008

lharmon is on a distinguished road
Jetskis got quiet? I thought my hearing was going. That's probably why they don't bother me.

We barbecue every night at anchor unless it's _issing rain. I take my grill down in the morning though. It's not like I'm ashamed of my grill. But when we are heeled over and the lid starts slapping the gelcoat like a jockey trying to get a horse to move, I'm a few seconds away from tossing the @#$% thing overboard. And we are in a no discharge zone. Removing it is expensive - currently at $150 on those damn mounting brackets and always have a spare on-board.

Sorry for the diversion.
Old 04-25-2008

Insails is on a distinguished road
Ok...here is an Idea, HerSailnet is cool but if it were moderated BY a woman it would not leave one of the male moderators out on the plank...)

You guys do a great job and dealing with the admirals means trouble...think about it,women moderated by a man??? where is their privacy??

Now will the admirals hang me or keel haul me?? or bless my boat with flowers??
Old 04-25-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
I will put in my worthless 2 cents! Many thanks for a great job and if we were meet beer and wine are on me along with the steaks for the CD BBQ grills.
They don't have beer and wine at CD's favorite restruant, IHOP.
Old 04-25-2008
San Juan 26

LittleMissMagic is on a distinguished road
Thanks Mods,
You guys do a great job keeping this site informative, clean and free of BS. I know it is a thankless job but it is important to me at least that this site is something I wouldn't be embarrased by if my wife or children read the posts. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-25-2008
Detachable member

wchevron is on a distinguished road
as a newbie on the site and fairly new to sailing i would just like to say thank you to the moderators and to the other members on the site. i've gotten some great help from people responding to my questions and just reading others posts. i like the banter among everyone and the joking that goes back and forth. it keeps the site entertaining and has me checking in every day to see whats going on. just wanted to say thanks again to everyone, especially the mods.
also, if you leave CD, as a fellow catalina owner, i'm afraid i will start receiving all of the BBQ ribbing you currently receive.
Old 04-25-2008
<----- thinking of this

JSL3 is on a distinguished road
personally i value this site tremendously. clearly without the moderators it wouldn't be the same. like many positions in life, it can be a thankless job. so,
CD, Cam and Jeff, let me join in with the others and say thank you and keep up the great work.
Old 04-25-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Somebody said that government governs best that governs least. It seems that the sailnet mods operate on that philosophy and I view it favorably. Of course CD can Bite Me just any old time he wants and if you don't understand what I mean by that you probably haven't been around here long. We seem to be having a spring influx of new members and it's great to see. You're all more than welcome and I hope you get as much out of this site as I and other's do. As to the site, I think it has a friendly aura to it and it takes minimal effort to become one of the boys, or gals, on it. If you're feeling left out you might want to PM a member you respect and bounce it off his or her head before involving the moderators. It's up to each individual to not let things get blown out of proportion. If you demand a politically correct site, your version of a politically correct site, you're going to get one and it will be a lonely one. One must absolutely have a sense of humour to get the most out of the conversations that take place here. For those who might have gotten the impression that sailnet is a bit of a clique, you're probably right but it's a clique with an open door policy. Whether you drink or not, the atmosphere is much like a bar. There are some people you do not wish to sit next to and there are some you cannot wait to see walk through the door. And like a bar, you'll never know whom you're about to meet. I've been lucky in the last few months to have met a number of sailnet members at the boat show and elsewhere. Suffice it to say that the on-line dating services should be so lucky to have the success ratio that sailnet has in matching people of like interests up. The conviviality that is apparent on the site translates out in the actual meeting of fellow members. If you've got a real beef with something here you've probably missed something or are being just a tad too serious about yourself. Very, very few real offenses are either intended or given. It'd be nice to think that the moderators could be left alone to do their jobs and that those jobs could be limited to only the most egregious of offenses. Much can be accomplished by the individual member by just turning the page to a new topic or forum and leaving behind what may have irked or offended. There is simply too much here to limit one's self to that which annoys.
Old 04-25-2008

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
I am a moderator supporter.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 04-25-2008
Courtney the Dancer

jrd22 will become famous soon enough
CD and Cam- your tireless efforts here are appreciated, please continue to make this my favorite sailing site. You guys do a great job, and I'm sure it's a lot more work than any of us realise. I'm really shocked to hear of the type of abuse you have to put up with, it's completely inappropriate.

Thanks, John

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse