SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Taking a break from our regularly scheduled programming

3K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  NautiG 
#1 ·
No cruising today. Today is just for sailing. Doesn't matter what direction the winds blowing, 'cause I'm not going anywhere in particular. It's something I didn't really do the first year, and something I need to do more of this year.
Have no idea where I'll anchor for the night, but there's plenty of choice along the Nuese, so where ever the wind takes me, that's where I'll go.

Hope everyone gets out today!!!

#4 ·
A concept greatly lost today...enjoy....I will down a few at the boat today in your honer..:p

#5 ·
The fickle winds will always blow from whatever direction is your destination. With no destination, set your sails on your favorite point of sail and just go!

I've always said, that once you're on the boat, you're already where you're going.

I'm jealous. Just got our sails out of storage. Ahhh... maybe someday.

#7 ·
Sniff...Sniff...yup you do..:p

#9 ·
Nope BJ, no spagettio's or cup of noodles on this boat! Lets see, night before, I had steak and last night, BLT's. I did have a great solo sail though, so you got that part right ;)

I do have the occasional can of Overstuffed Beefaroni though. My main canned goods are Dinty Moore Chicken 'n Dumplings and Beef Stew.

Heading over to Oriental, hoping to get on the free dock so I can go look at a boat for xort tomorrow. No wind (for now), so it's back to motoring.

#15 ·
Not sure, the picture changes every 10 minutes. Two Candian boats just pulled up though, so I'm NOT the guy with the tattoos and long dangly earring. ;)

This post has been deleted
#19 ·
As you look at the picture, I'm the boat on your right, nearest the fishing boat, and stern to the camera.

#21 ·
Oh, I forgot to mention, Saturday was a great day of nice steady sailing. Topped 7 knots at one point, but mostly between 5 and 6, till the afternoon. And that's without trying to maximize trim and direction. Even saw one of our inactive members out there on the river.

#22 ·
Hey John, I was out there with you. The Neuse River is a really nice sailing ground. The weather was great and it tempted me into Pamlico Sound and doing an overnighter up to Manteo.

But late in the day the weather changed, and the boat and I started getting beat up. I chickened out and ducked back towards the ICW.

I'll be taking a day off tomorrow in Belhaven. I've been driving pretty hard. At least for me.

Scott
Gemini Catamaran Split Decision
Captain's Blog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.