SPOTS OPEN FOR THE 2008 If you want to ride Giulietta, here's your chance - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
SPOTS OPEN FOR THE 2008 If you want to ride Giulietta, here's your chance

Just like last year, 2007, I am making 2 or 3 spots available to those that want to sail Giulietta. Last year I was graced by the presence of Tom and Marc.

So, if you want to ride Giulietta, here's your chance. 2 days at sea for free....I even buy you miserable food while with me...on the boat or not.

From June 7th, to 11th, depending on some stuff that needs done while she is dry, I am taking my boat from Cascais to Vilamoura (get the coordinates on google earth) for my summer vacation of 3 months.

The journey will take two days and is only around 200 nautical miles, not much.

I will decide on the day we leave if we go staright or stop for the night in Sines, as my stomach tells me, but you will be sailing for 2 whole days, even if we arrive earlier, and spend 3 to 4 days on the boat, if you want.

Normally I do it in one run or if I feel like it, stop in Sines for some good fish and excellent wine. I prefer to stop.

I do that at aproximately 25 to 40 milles off the coast, so it will "blue water" if you want to. Or near the Cost and it will be "coastal" if you want to, I am pretty open to that.

One thing I want you to know, we will be crossing Sagres cape (the little corner Southwest ofportugal, just before we turn East, known as the Horn of Europe) during the day...if you are man enough, to do it. (Last year was very calm, so maybe this year will be the same??? Who knows??

If the seas are rough there we will get wet, seas are normally over 10' and the wind is allways over 30kts gusting more.

Here's your chance for a youtube video to show Mummy.... Then a reach, after we cross the cape of 2 hours at very cool heeling angles.

I am going with my bowman, Mr. Dumbass Lead Head and possibly Fred.

Lead Head can play songs with his farts.

I can take some of you along if you want to.

All you have to do is let me know with some time so I decide if I like you(sorry no weirdos and freaks or "I know everything, cause I've been around the Horn 12 times last week"), and show up in Lisbon Airport the day before we leave.

As I said leaving is around the 7th to the 11th, depends on my work schedule. If we get delayed you can either stay on the boat or at my house, but no funny stuff with my maid....

You need to work nothing, need to do nothing, Giulietta my wife will pick us up and drive us back to Lisbon, where I thank you for your help and say good bye to you, either thinking you're an ass hole or a good guy..

All I require from you:

1)Know how to sail or at least maintain heading
2)Not to whine
3) cook breakfast
4) bring dry clothes
5) be happy and take jokes about your face
6) whitstand Leadhead's fart's smell
7) Go away after we arrive to Lisbon...I already have 2 kids.

Flights from Newark to Lisbon around $500 to $700. You check that, buy your return ticket I am not your daddy.

If you want, show up a few days earlier, and enjoy Portugal for a while, then we're off...I can sleep 3 in my house.

Come along...I can't sing......but I know some jokes, besides we can badmouth SD and make jokes about CD.

This is if the wind is really going...guaranteed hi speeds!!

OR

If the wind is bad, we'll stop in Sines for a good fish and excellent wine at the fisherman's restaurant

Admission subject to approval after we talk and I see you ugly face in a photo.
Portugal does not require VISA for US citizens.

Like I said, the date is a bit unceratin as of now, but will be firmer after May 16th.

Why am I posting this now?? so yoiu can get cheaper rates.....by the way...if you sent me bad rep, or hate mail...be informed that NOW I know who you are, so don't even talk to me...

If you aren't sure it's worth the trouble..ask Tom or Val....

(by the way..if Val or Tom decide to go, the amount of free seats may be smaller..I like them..unless you don't mind sleeping with Val...ehehehehe what a sight)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2008

djodenda will become famous soon enough djodenda will become famous soon enough
Even after weeding through all of that, your generosity is astounding, Alex.

1987 CS 36 Merlin "Kyrie"

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown
Old 04-28-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by djodenda View Post
Even after weeding through all of that, your generosity is astounding, Alex.
It's to make up for being an Ahole
Old 04-28-2008

citation34 is on a distinguished road
I can only wish........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'Liberty' Citation 34
Old 04-28-2008

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Alex,
I'd absolutely love to do this, but doubt I could quit smoking in time, and even on the poop deck would not smoke on a boat as lovely as yours.
Chuck
Old 04-28-2008

Actually...you are allowed to smoke on my boat (outside only and to lee)...

I smoke my cigars rememebr??

may that not be an impedment for you to come....I'd love to have you come..and if you want, bring the wife, too, I am sure that while we sail, she will find many attarctions for your VISA card while Giulietta shows her the good designer stores..

Last edited by Giulietta; 04-28-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Airfare is approx $1,200 from Chicago. (30% is taxes)
G- Checking on the dates.
Old 04-28-2008

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
PM's on the way to her now. We'll see.
We were planning on going to Cancun for that week anyway so maybe it will work out perfectly.
Old 04-28-2008

Alex,
I think I'm in if you'll have me, wife is thinking no.
Old 04-28-2008

buckeyesailor is on a distinguished road
You have a maid?.........