Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2008
not-so-old salt

tonybinTX is on a distinguished road
I got my boomkicker installed last weekend and I likey! woo hoo!

So this weekend, I was asked to crew on a j/80 for the circuit stop in Houston. Can't wait! Wish me luck!
Old 05-15-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmalkin View Post
Taking Taronga from NYC to St. Michaels MD - south down the NJ coast, around Cape May, up the Delaware Bay, through the C&D Canal and then south through the upper Chesapeake Bay to St. M. Will be running through the succession of small lows that roll across this weekend - hoping that it wont be raining all the time on all the watches. It will be brisk, but "predicted" winds will mostly be abeam or aft and the 20' seas and 50 kt gusts of early this week have moved out of the region.
Any idea when you'll be passing by Atlantic City/Longport?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Finishing up varnish work on the interior, and sailing. The mega yachts have been re-arranged that were around me, so now I have much better access in and out so I can solo it again....So, time to start getting out and getting things dialed in!

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-15-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Crewing on a C&C 115 in the Seattle NOOD's this weekend! Should be phun phun phun! Next weekend to port madison for a yacht club get together, and garden tour on bainbridge Island.

Marty
Old 05-15-2008
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Charlie,

Local (to us) Catalina 34 group is meeting at Coronet Bay Saturday. As former owners, we made a few friends in that bunch and would like to make a few more so we thought we'd crash the party. Sounds like around a half dozen boats will be there, maybe more.
La Conner, WA

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Old 05-15-2008
O'day 26

joeybkcmo is on a distinguished road
Hope to finish up on the bottom paint, with the boat out of the water, will be sailing with a friend, and the got to get some work done on the house. Good news is that I'm off all next week, so I have time to get things done.

Old 05-15-2008

Waugh is on a distinguished road
Hopefully going to sail the boat for the first time!
Old 05-15-2008
Sea Slacker

brak is on a distinguished road
Not sailing Yard hasn't finished work on my forestay. Oh well, hopefully next week. For now - more chainplate rebedding and cleaning out gunk from fuel filters. Too bad, looks like a nice weekend. May be we can at least go motor around for a while.
Old 05-15-2008

djodenda will become famous soon enough djodenda will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waugh View Post
Hopefully going to sail the boat for the first time!
Have a great sail! I have very fond memories of Cal 25s. When I was a kid, we looked at lots of them, hoping to move to a bigger boat. Never did. My brother had one.. Took my first trip to Catalina on a Cal 2-24 a really great boat!

David

1987 CS 36 Merlin "Kyrie"

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown

Last edited by djodenda; 05-15-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-15-2008
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by erps View Post
Charlie,

Local (to us) Catalina 34 group is meeting at Coronet Bay Saturday. As former owners, we made a few friends in that bunch and would like to make a few more so we thought we'd crash the party. Sounds like around a half dozen boats will be there, maybe more.
Where the hell is Coronet Bay?

Never mind, I see it just inside of Deception Pass. Saturday huh? We might be in Roche Harbor then, who knows. If we get over that way, we will drop by. Getting through Deception takes some planning.