SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

A new trailer sailer

9K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  blt2ski 
#1 ·
:D :D :D

Found these, from when my boat, for a 3 hour period, and a distance of 50 yards, was actually a trailer sailer...:D :D

Probably one of the biggest trailer sailers I've seen..:D :D

I wonder what keel it has....:D :D

That was the lowest it has ever been to the ground...

See less See more
#7 ·
Trailer Trash:rolleyes:

Rick:cool:
Vai-te catar bastardo sujo....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now it REALLY looks like a Hunter :)
Sure it does....that will pass you so fast it will rip the water lines of your...your....your....boat...

More like McGregor with water ballast.
Go chew a tire....

Very nice!

Hey USPLONKER.. the keel is the other way round...if you're going to criticize at least do it properly....they fold back, not forward....

Looks like one of those concept cars.
That coming from a man whose boat's transom looks like a dutch wood shoe..is a compliment....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D
:D :D :D
:D :D
:D

#8 ·
da Portagee said:
Sure it does....that will pass you so fast it will rip the water lines of your...your....your....boat...
So will a Macgregor with it's 50hp motor ;)

#12 ·
5200... :) No bolts... :)

#18 ·
Rick-

you wish. btw bastardo sujo is a portugese term of endearment. :)

#20 ·
Let me translate... :)

Basically, his keel fits into a solid laminate socket that is boxed by steel beams. Two pins go through the keel, beams and box, and prevent the keel from moving forward or aft, and effectively transmit the load from the encapsulated keel strut to the frame in the boat and the frame spreads the load around the surrounding hull. The three bolts on top seal the keel socket from leaking and also act to tension the keel and load it against the beams to make it as rigid as possible.

#22 · (Edited)
Hugh?....I understood it better in Portuguese..:rolleyes:

USP..Iv got two green balls and thats painful enough no more please..

#25 ·
Mike-

Don't do that...according to GUI, it scares off the dolphins. :)

#30 ·
It probably does... but you'd think that dolphins are smarter than that...

#32 ·
Depends on the shark... some of the bigger ones are definitely able to eat dolphins... :)

#34 ·
Dolphins have killed a number of sharks, including great whites. Usually more of them in a group than the GW, hence why they can get to them, hit them from all sides. I am sure a GW would win if a one on one occured.

Then again, Orca's get the best of sharks too! It i fun seeing the Dahl porpose around the sound frolicking about, along with local orca's.

marty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.