Pirate Attacks on the Rise - Page 6 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 54 Old 06-12-2008
Junior Birdman

I just got my Class III paperwork...!

I'm mounting a Browning .30 on the bow of the Catalina 22..

Now... if I could just get it off shore in one piece!

1988 Seaward Fox
no name yet (it's in pieces!)
Coconut Grove, Florida
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 54 Old 06-13-2008

I've had a M1919 but would prefer a minimi or M239 as ammo is easier to find. All might not be too accurate at sea but they work wonders at creating a clar buffer area around the boat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #53 of 54 Old 06-13-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Right...Only difference is that I have been out there as have many of the others on this thread. I don't see any of us worried about it except in specific areas which we avoid. Incidents do not make a PROBLEM when they are so infrequent, and pose less of a threat than living virtually anywhere in the US on land.
You have not provided any statistics to back your claim...nor do any exist.
Hey...I can give examples too...
Boat rage ends in attempted murder charge - Boston, MA - Town Online
See how DANGEROUS it is staying in USA marinas? And who knows what could happen on the highway with that trailer. I'd be more concerned about road rage if I were you.

Thanks Cam for that post. I alway thought the US was too dangerous to go cruising in. I've just struck it off my list.

Obviously best friends also need to be closely watched. Next time I go cruising with my mates I'll make sure I have some sort of weapon close at hand to defend myself.

Now I'm sorry I brought a rubber dinghy. I knew I should of gone for that hard aluminum dinghy. So much better for ramming....

Great post Cam, keep it up, Ilenart
post #54 of 54 Old 06-18-2008

Here's what every sailor needs for protection while cruising - they used it on a personal water craft, but it would work on any hostile.
PWC Elimination

s/v Paloma, Bristol 29.9, #141
Slipped in Bahia Marina, easy access to Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.