SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Froli matress supports - any good?

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mikeedmo 
#1 ·
We have very strange shaped berths on our new boat, and are looking at the Froli system of 'springs' to put under the old foam mattresses as an interim measure before spending out on custom-made new beds. Has anyone any experience of the Froli product, good or bad? Any feedback gratefully received by our aching backs! Thanks.

#2 ·
OK - First, the FULL DISCLAIMER... Yes, I have the Froli system. Yes, I made a couple of videos for them. And, YES, on the installation video I've embedded below, that is my wife and our boat (the one with the big stick on it). Oh, and one more thing: YES, they gave us the Froli so I could make the video.

Now, onto the heart of the matter... Before we installed the Froli system, we slept VERY poorly in the vee berth. The wood fiddles that kept the thin cushions in place protruded into our backs when we slept. After Froli, we sleep MUCH better (is my use of CAPS bugging everyone as much as it's bugging me?), and we no longer feel the wood when sleeping. We, too, would rather have a nice custom-made innerspring mattress for the berth, but the Froli works, ahem, just as advertised. Oh, and our friends John and Trish who have the Grand Banks in the video, STILL rave about how well they sleep and the fact that their moisture problem has been eliminated under the mattresses...

There. I hope this video answers some questions (and NO, I don't get paid by Froli to do this!)

#3 ·
FROLI systems are great

We installed the FROLI system in our Vee berth 3 seasons ago. Both my wife and I agree that it has been one of the best purchases that we've made to the boat for "creature comforts". As the video shows, they are easy to install and you can cut them easily to fit any area. We take 2 week cruises in the summer and not one backache on the cruises since we installed the FROLI.

Mainepep

#4 ·
dave

you may find them better than anything else to help with your comfort. I do not work for them, but bought the system for the vberth of our boat and was extremely satisfied. Works very well, easy to install/assemble and added inches of comfort to our sleeping space.

excellent product, excellent service and support as well.

you will not be disappointed.

dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.