Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Making Sailnet Better...

I have a request to new and old members:

I/we will be having a meeting with the leadership of Sailnet and its parent company next week.

Would you please give me some constructive advice on what I (or we as mods) can do to make this better for you, or sailnet can do to make it better? I will not take offense to any of it.

All I ask is that this remains civil, please. Off topic will NOT be allowed here. I will just delete it.

If you have some frustrations, that is fine if you air them out. I will try and answer them publically or privately as need be. If you prefer to PM me with your frustrations, that is fine too. Just be aware that my inbox has been overflowing lately due to some issues... as many of you know.

I apprecaite your help and thank you for the time you put in.

Regards,

CD and the Mods

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Sponsor my boat for the 2009 season..just need a new set of sails...you'll get full coverage and brand presentation in Portugal and Spain..

We can even do the IRc and cruisng championship..

All I need is:

1 Fusion M Main,
1 Fusion M Genoa 100%
1 Fusion M Genoa 125%
1 Code 4s Spinnaker
1 Code 1s VMG SPinnaker

All from Quantum (USA)

Send the sails and the logos, I'll used them

Last edited by Giulietta; 06-05-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-05-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I think upgrading the keyword engine software so that it doesn't corrupt valid URL links that happen to have keywords in them would be a very good idea. Most people on sailnet don't have any idea how to work around that kind of problem....

Also, having a section for n00Bs, where some of the basic techniques/tools are mentioned... would be good.

Another thing that might be useful is if there were a FAQ or post/thread that had commonly asked questions and links to the various threads that have already been raised on them...so we don't end up re-inventing the wheel every other week.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 06-05-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2008

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
More bandwidth/speed in the servers??

How about a networked sailing simulator game so folks could settle differences on a virtual race course?

Seriously, you guys do a great job as moderators and we appreciate it.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 06-05-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
You really need to ban the guys that posted above! Trouble makers, the lot of them.
Old 06-05-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
1. Adopt policy of just locking a thread when it gets out of hand instead of deleting posts (covered in PM - thanks for the response btw).

2. Option of moving relevant maintenance articles posted by various members that go extensively into in depth how to's to either the maintenance articles section or create a sub forum for maintenance with these in them - that doesn't allow responses to them so they are quick to find. Hal's various ones, my diesel bleed etc are examples...Stickies are nice but there should be a area where these things are moved and are read only so that when searching - it is the only one that comes up and not the dozens of "thank you posts"...

3. Get rid of that annoying ad with the vote stuff that literally is 14X times the size of sailnet posts that resides on every page and sometimes two of them (dead serious on this one). I think the sailnet poll stated our displeasure with this - let them to go to strictly a normal ad banner and leave it at that. This is the most critical one...

4. Suggest moderators get a monthly stipend to cover the amount of stiff drinks required to moderate...

5. Ask that the sailnet store people stop asking generic questions that really have no pertinent value and used just for marketing, as they are merely starting a thread and never have any interest in actually participating...kinda lame - as Sailnet is advertising enough obviously, we know whom the big dog is here (nope not referencing you SD this time).

6. Suggest that maybe we have a moderator for each forum section. It would make things easier for you guys and I would volunteer to assist. Maybe that would help with addressing issues and take some of the slack off you guys.

7. Free burgees for everyone - the non-stained kinds

Thats about it from this end.

S/V "
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or

Old 06-05-2008
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Sailnet chat room

A lot of the back and forth, or shooting the breeze going on around here would be better suited in a chat room type setting.

EDIT: this would dangerously imperil what little life some here have left, participate at your own risk

Last edited by Sapperwhite; 06-05-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-05-2008
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Keep the Rep Points system, but consider revamping the code so the person's identity (his moniker) is automatically signed whenever adding reputation to another poster - whether positive or negative.
Old 06-05-2008
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
Keep the Rep Points system, but consider revamping the code so the person's identity (his moniker) is automatically signed whenever adding reputation to another poster - whether positive or negative.
I'll second that
Old 06-05-2008

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
With each, say, 1,000 posts Sailnet should mail the member a joint. Sort of like saying, "Hey, way to be, baby... stay mellow, and keep up the good work..."