Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2008
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Hi all, it's Queens' Birthday long weekend over here (even though it's not really the Queen's Birthday - go figure) so we're off to the Gippsland lakes for a holiday on a REAL boat (well, bigger than our Hartley!!) - and freeze - in that order.. roughly...

I've just looked at the forecast and it's supposed to be a nice 5-10kts with patchy rain and we're hoping to meet another couple in the Club down there someplace.

I've been praying all week that this works out or my chances of getting the First Mate to agree to a bigger boat will be scuttled forever!

Hope to post some pics when we get back... have fun y'all!

Last edited by Classic30; 06-06-2008 at 03:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-06-2008

RickQuann is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
Flying to Portugal with my wife to visit a friend and learn sailing on the edge,
drink a little wine, eat a little fish, smoke a cigar or two and amuse his son with how easy it is to make a grown man cry with a little heeling.
I hope you have a great tiime and safe passage!! Adjustment to the heeling thing comes natural.

The weekend ... Going to a "screening" tonight of a friend who is making an appearance (as a contestant) on the tv show "Wheel of Fortune"

I'm hoping to sail one day this weekend, which ever of the two days has the best conditions. The forecast is not good; HOT TAMALES, heat index of 104-105 all weekend and 5-10, ugh. August is a little premature this year.
Old 06-06-2008

Insails is on a distinguished road
I have to work...need I say more....But my motor has been serviced. So sunday I will head out for a sail on the bay and forget I had to work Saturday...
Old 06-06-2008

BreakingWind2 is on a distinguished road
Laying on the couch trying not to cry.
Racing on tuesday night, while tacking I lost my footing and fell backwards down the companionway hatch, landing on my back on the galley counter.
Xrays show now broken bones,...but lots of bruising.

Well the good news...I was supposed to work this weekend, now I get to drink beer by the pool!!

Now if only it gets better by next tuesday night!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-06-2008
Broad Reachin'

kwaltersmi is on a distinguished road
My daughter's dance recital (sp?) is Saturday afternoon, so we're landlubbers until Saturday night. Then we'll head to the marina and stay until Wednesday or so. Hopefully plenty of nice daysailing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-06-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
BW2...ooof....didn't know racing was a contact sport. Looks like some healing instead of heeling in your future! Hope the Advil is working for ya! Rum may be in order!!
Old 06-06-2008
cap'n chronic

cnc33voodoo is on a distinguished road
friday night-instal new stern ladder as im going nowhere.
saturday-work
sunday-baptism
i think i need to move to vancouver,where im too far for family functions, working saturdays in my feild is a sin and il be closer to the ocean.now to convince my wife
Old 06-06-2008
not-so-old salt

tonybinTX is on a distinguished road
BW2 - I feel your pain! Bruised/cracked/broken ribs really get on your nerves. Stay away from the comedies and I hope you don't have allergies. Laughing, sneezing and coughing induce death rolls. Hell - breathing even hurts.

I wish you quick healing!
Old 06-06-2008

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
My daughter just Graduated from High School last night, so my mother is in twon for the weekend. At almost 80 years old, she still enjoys a leisurley weekend on the boat. We are going sailing.

Hey Riz, that cruise I was planning is for next weekend. Do you think you could make it than?

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 06-06-2008
Broad Reachin'

kwaltersmi is on a distinguished road
sailortjk1 - How far north are you headed on your cruise next weekend? Let me know the name of your boat and I'll give you a shout on the VHF when we're out on the lake.