Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2010
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftldiver View Post
Nantucket

That's good... really good.
Old 12-09-2010

MarioG is on a distinguished road
SANY0431

So we are hanging on the hook in St Augastine Fl and this POS scraps down the side of our boat. It looked abandoned so I have the 1st mate call the CG to tell them about a hazzard in the water way. Well the Fire Dept come out and have me cut the 1 anchor line that had to be 4"in dia. with growth so I can free one or both my anchor lines, then drag it over to the city mooring field. Ok so now we have a not so nice scratch down the side of our boat because the rub rail was half hanging of the boat with a piece of rope holding it on, but figureing it was an abandoned what can you do?
Well a few hours later comes this wacked out woman in a dinghy yelling that it was her boat and we shouldn't have cut her line and wanted me to pay the mooring cost or she was going to call the police. WTF I thought my 1st mate was going to bitch slap her, but she just left after a few nasty words.

not sure what to do the registration was way out of date so i'm sure she has no insurance but do have the old reg. # and the marina dock master came and took pictures. Will talk to them in the morning to see what we can do.

I wish Iand still might get a picture of the half a$$ knot that was in the anchore line above where I cut it. The line was so slimmy with growth the fireman just said cut it.

I thought Fl had rules about boats like this in the water ways?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2010
formerly DWJensen

Pau Hana Daz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by danstanford View Post
It's a long way to tip a Rari!
This has to be one of the all time best puns.

Good on ya sir.
Old 12-22-2010
Relapsing

ArcherBowman is on a distinguished road
Sometimes you sail in light/no air because that's the time you've got to go sailing, and a bad day on the water is better than a good day at the office.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of sailing is? Love. You take a boat in to sea that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her afloat when she oughtta founder... tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens… makes her a home." Captain Malcom Reynolds, Paraphrased