Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2008
'87 Pearson 27'

jackytdunaway is on a distinguished road
Who is in the Cape Lookout / Oriental area

I am going with the family to Davis, NC to visit my dad 7/1 to 7/5. This is right there on the mainland where you take the ferry over to Lookout. Anybody going to be in the area? Can I buy someone a beer in trade for some sailing stories?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2008
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
Hey Jacky!
Just saw this after not being around for a few days. I'm headed down to Oriental on either the first or second, not quite sure just yet. I'll be getting things ready for our sail up to New Bern for the 4th. You guys should take a detour through Oriental and we'll take the boat out. Too early to tell what the weather will be like but the only thing that will stop me is lightning.
I'll see if i can figure out exactly when i'll be coming down but i think i'll be there early in the week and then Jayme and some friends are coming to town Thursday... So maybe sometime during the week. You can see the bilge in person... better than photos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-23-2008
'87 Pearson 27'

Joel,
That would be great. I was hoping to hear from you on this. I will yell as we get closer to next week. is PBeezer still in the area
Old 06-24-2008
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
Hey John, you still on the Neuse somewhere? Looks like a bit of sailing is in the works for sometime next week. We can leave the politics at the dock. I'm thinking maybe Wednesday if i'm able to get in later on Tues.
The one unknown is that i am having my starter worked on this week. It should be fixed by this weekend but i guess there is a slim chance that it could be delayed. The starter itself is fine but the factory installed wiring is not supplying enough voltage to the starter... why they didn't use a larger guage i don't know. Probably to save money. Anyway... i don't expect this to be a problem though.

Old 06-24-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
I'm still in New Bern. Have to get the bottom scraped before I can go anywhere (should be done this week).

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 06-24-2008
1987 Pearson 27

Keep us posted John.

Any other Sailnet folks gonna be in the area? It's the weekend of the Croaker Festival in Oriental which is always fun.

Old 06-24-2008
'87 Pearson 27'

Cool. Maybe i will get to see 2 things. The bilge and the starter fix. It seems that all P-27s have the same problem
Old 06-25-2008
1987 Pearson 27

Ha... and as a bonus you can see the new Groco HF head pumping mechanism along with all the holding tank plumbing i replaced. THAT was a pain in the ass. I hadn't even planned on doing the head project last trip... but you know how when you start taking things apart and before you know it you have everything completely disassembled? That was us. We absolutely HAD to get it back together before driving home... which we did, but unfortunately it was 3am before we rolled into town. We were beat after the drive but now we have a new system again.

Old 06-27-2008

southernsmoke is on a distinguished road
Hello:

My boat is currently in new bern, but I want to move it to oriental, hopefully as early as july 1. Can anyone give me a recommendation of a place to keep the boat? Main considerations are proximity to main sailing grounds and price. I dont mind if I'm not near town.

EDIT: boat is 27' sailboat

Last edited by southernsmoke; 06-27-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: .
Old 06-27-2008

arbarnhart is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel73 View Post
Keep us posted John.

Any other Sailnet folks gonna be in the area? It's the weekend of the Croaker Festival in Oriental which is always fun.
The kids have been bugging me about heading down to the coast; that looks like a possible good time for all. I'll have to see how that plan sells at home. They had a lot of fun at Washington, NC, last time out (a few weeks ago) and I haven't been to Oriental yet.