PNW: Seattle - 4th Plans - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 06-24-2008 Thread Starter

PNW: Seattle - 4th Plans

I intend to take "Hello Gorgeous", and guests over to Lake Union for the 4th. The last few years I have motored out of Elliott Bay to the grainery (seattle downtown)...but the fireworks is much better in Lake Union. You get dazzled by three displays instead of just the one...

My intentions is drop anchor out of Gas Works Park on the eve of the 3rd. Was wondering if other PNWers would be interested in rafting up etc...

Otherwise what are your plans?

-- Jody

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-25-2008
the pointy end is the bow

On our way to Desolation Sound. Anyone know if there are any big fireworks displays in the San Juans on the 4th?

Ray
S.V. Nikko
1983 Fraser 41
La Conner, WA

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
post #3 of 15 Old 06-25-2008
Courtney the Dancer

Ray- Friday Hbr has a big display, maybe Roche too, and I'm pretty sure Lopez has a display in Fisherman Bay. Blakely Is. has a fireworks battle with the guy over on the south end of Obstruction Is. He usually scores higher on quality (he's been known to hire professionals) but we blow him away on quantity!

Have a great trip north, looks like summer has finally arrived in the PNW.

John

John
SV Laurie Anne

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

post #4 of 15 Old 06-25-2008

I think I'll see if I can determine where the highest spike in emergency room visits occurred last year on the 4th, and then we'll anchor 100 yards from there. It should be fun to watch other impaired rednecks playing with explosives.

BTW, is the guy on Obstruction Island you speak of the same guy who has the dungeness crab sculpture hanging on the side of his cabin? My partner at work starts drooling everytime he sees that sculpture. He thinks it would look great on his wife's coffee stand in La Conner.

Ray
S.V. Nikko
1983 Fraser 41
La Conner, WA

post #5 of 15 Old 06-25-2008

We'll be at Elliot bays fireworks show, going down from edmonds than back home. Have four guests that paid, ie made the high bid from a scholarship auction for a landscape contractor assoc I belong too at the annual convention. Should be fun.

marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
post #6 of 15 Old 06-25-2008

We're rafting up dinghies and kayaks and anything else that floats outside our houseboat off of Eastlake. If you see us, say "hey!".
post #7 of 15 Old 06-25-2008
Cruiser/Lats and Atts TV

We'll take in the Lopez fireworks this year, anchoring in Fisherman Bay. For the past 5 years I've alternated driving to the Friday Harbor and Roche Harbor shows. FH is usually a little bigger, but then there are the crowds... Roche Harbor can be pretty cool, butthen there are the big motoryachts... So we'll try what is perennially known as one of the "biggest small shows" in Washington - The Lopez Island fireworks. And this year they will be "simulcasting" music with the fireworks on the new radio station there, KLOI 102.9 FM.

"Always approach the dock at the speed you wish to hit it."
s/v VENUS
1978 North Sea 33 Pilothouse Cutter (Ta Chiao)

post #8 of 15 Old 06-25-2008
On the hard

I'll be at the house overlooking the display on Big Lake, watching from my deck on the 3rd. I don't know what I'll be doing on the 4th though.
post #9 of 15 Old 06-25-2008
Courtney the Dancer

Ray- could be, there is something orange on the wall but I've never been close enough to see what it is. He's right on the south point of Obstruction by the green marker. In years past he has put on quite a show, brings in a barge and pyro's, last year wasn't much though.

John
SV Laurie Anne

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

post #10 of 15 Old 06-25-2008

John or Moonfish,

either of you know whether a person can walk the dog on that sand bar spit at the entrance of Fisherman Bay? We're travelling with a Boston Terrier and no matter how many times I show him how to pee over the side he just hasn't learned that trick yet.

Ray
S.V. Nikko
1983 Fraser 41
La Conner, WA

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.