Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008

captainrizzo is on a distinguished road
Bonehead of the Year

On Saturday, we joined Sailortjk1 (Tim & Julie, joined by their friends Mark and Sally) for a 25 NM cruise to South Haven, MI. On our trip down, we beat against a fresh SSW breeze in relatively heavy seas and registered 40 NMs. It took a while, but we made it! It started to rain once we arrived in South Haven. Eileen took our dog for a much needed walk as I was preparing to get Jamie off of the boat, hurrying as it was starting to rain. Here is where I get the “Bonehead of the Year” award. I stepped off the dock, my foot slipped, and I smacked my knees on the toe rail on my way into the drink, cell phone and wallet in pockets of course. Tim had the presence of mind to lower my swim ladder so I could get out of the water! Thanks Tim!!

In spite of my mishap on the dock, we had a great time in South Haven and headed home on Sunday. We enjoyed WSW winds and reached all the way back to Holland on one leg (no pun intended)! It was a very nice sail at
impressive speeds! All-in-all, it was a great trip. Here are some photos of our adventure! Note that the boat off my stern is Julianna. Tim is famous for cooking bratwurst while under sail. Sailaway21 had mentioned that "If the fog rolls in, you can locate TJK by the smell of bratwurst. It's odiferous because he buys nothing but the best." Thanks for the heads-up Sway!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bonehead of the Year-100_5048.jpg   Bonehead of the Year-100_5049.jpg   Bonehead of the Year-100_5058.jpg   Bonehead of the Year-100_5073.jpg   Bonehead of the Year-100_5079.jpg  

"If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood. Just teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea"
Antoine de Saint

My Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
you don't look that klutzy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-30-2008
*starboard*

merlin2375 will become famous soon enough
I know the feeling These days cell phone/wallet stay in a mini dry bag until FIRMLY back on solid ground!
Old 06-30-2008
1977 Morgan OI 30

Joesaila is on a distinguished road
Glad your OK, other than bruised up a little! Nice pix, nice sails!
Old 06-30-2008

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
As long as you went sailing and not the hospital it's a successful day.

Thanks for sharing
Old 06-30-2008

citation34 is on a distinguished road
Nice pictures, Rizzo! I have a 34 Citation at Whitehall. We went out in the company of a Tartan 34 on Saturday and got a chased back in by a blast of weather that lasted about twenty minutes and included 60 (+-) mph winds. Then enjoyed a beautiful day. See you out there some time!

Mark

'Liberty' Citation 34
Old 06-30-2008

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrizzo View Post
I stepped off the dock, my foot slipped, and I smacked my knees on the toe rail on my way into the drink, cell phone and wallet in pockets of course. ...

Note that the boat off my stern is Julianna. Tim is famous for cooking bratwurst while under sail. Sailaway21 had mentioned that "If the fog rolls in, you can locate TJK by the smell of bratwurst. It's odiferous because he buys nothing but the best." Thanks for the heads-up Sway!!
Ouch! That must have smarted. Glad it wasn't too serious.

Are you sure Tim is only grilling bratwurst? By the looks of all that smoke, I would have guessed a pig roast or engine fire!! Must be easy to keep track of him!

Thanks for sharing the great photos.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 06-30-2008
Siren 17

danjarch will become famous soon enough
Thanks for sharing, and been there. At least the dog didn't appear tp be laughing at you,
!! WARNING !! The above information is to be used by intelligent people only. If you are Stupid, could be considered a moron, or otherwise. You are instructed to disregard this information and seek the help of a licensed and bonded professional.
Old 06-30-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Actually, what Sway keeps thinking is fog is actually the collected smoke from TJK's grill when the conditions are right.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-30-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrizzo View Post
On Saturday, we joined Sailortjk1 (Tim & Julie, joined by their friends Mark and Sally) for a 25 NM cruise to South Haven, MI. On our trip down, we beat against a fresh SSW breeze in relatively heavy seas and registered 40 NMs. It took a while, but we made it! It started to rain once we arrived in South Haven. Eileen took our dog for a much needed walk as I was preparing to get Jamie off of the boat, hurrying as it was starting to rain. Here is where I get the “Bonehead of the Year” award. I stepped off the dock, my foot slipped, and I smacked my knees on the toe rail on my way into the drink, cell phone and wallet in pockets of course. Tim had the presence of mind to lower my swim ladder so I could get out of the water! Thanks Tim!!

In spite of my mishap on the dock, we had a great time in South Haven and headed home on Sunday. We enjoyed WSW winds and reached all the way back to Holland on one leg (no pun intended)! It was a very nice sail at
impressive speeds! All-in-all, it was a great trip. Here are some photos of our adventure! Note that the boat off my stern is Julianna. Tim is famous for cooking bratwurst while under sail. Sailaway21 had mentioned that "If the fog rolls in, you can locate TJK by the smell of bratwurst. It's odiferous because he buys nothing but the best." Thanks for the heads-up Sway!!
I saw that last Pic!!! And I thought my grill had a flame up problem!! HEHE!

- CD

PS Looks like a great time.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook: