Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008
John

ImASonOfaSailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via MSN to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Yahoo to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Skype™ to ImASonOfaSailor
Well there is always more to a story I found this and it looks pretty good!
Farrier Marine
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2008

hatrick is on a distinguished road
re corsairs,it is no problem lowering the mast on the water,I did it last week.then we motored round to the boat ramp,folded the pontoons (about 5 mins),backed the trailer and loaded the boat.Very straight forward.
Old 11-03-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Hatrick-

Exactly how did you lower the mast on the water. All of the corsairs I've seen thus far use the trailer winch to lower the mast. I know the mast lowering process on the Corsair can't be as simple as the one on the Telstar 28. I've seen and heard about too many dropped masts on Corsairs for that to be the case.

Imasonofasailor-

Be aware that Farrier is no longer associated with Corsair marine for many reasons, much having to do with their unwillingness to follow his strict QC control procedures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-04-2008

sail975 is on a distinguished road
Lowering the mast on the water only requires putting a block up on the bow. Rather than running a line to the winch on the trailer the line gets run through the block on the bow back to one of the winches on the boat. Not a problem at all. The Corsair 28 tends to be more of a racer. As Sailingdog mentioned it does not have standing headroom and many have a very stripped, bare-bones interior. That boat does have a decent sized one design racing fleet. The Corsair 31 is a little more appropriate for cruising (they even have a UC - Ultimate Cruiser model which I think gives you running hot water). The 31 probably has about 6'2" of standing headroom (going by memory- I'm 6'2 and didn't have a problem standing in the main area). Ours had an enclosed head with holding tank and an Origo Alcohol stove. The folding system does have a bolt at the end of each beam to secure it, although I think the geometry of the 28's folding system may not require it- you'd have to check for sure. Securing the bolt was never a big deal- you should check one out- Ian Farrier's folding system is truly remarkable.

Farrier designed trimarans (corsairs included) have a very active yahoo group which is fantastic for support and information. It is called "f-boats" and the email address is f-boats(at)yahoogroups(dot)com.

We had a Corsair 31 for a couple of years and loved the boat. Sailing in the Florida Keys once on the bay side we were on a broad reach in 15 kts of wind with nearly glassy water. Easily averaging 15 knots I think the highest speed we saw was 18 kts. Sailing like that really doesn't get any better. The accomodations though are a bit tight and not luxurious, but if it is sailing performance you are after these boats can't be beat.

Steve
Old 11-04-2008
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASonOfaSailor View Post
Yes I do see that so what does a man like me look at? This boat was screaming I did enjoy the speed! Yes we got wet, but I really did not mind that either. So what do i do about the inside? I really want a boat like this it handled this weather well enough to stay out and sail in it. Most of the monohulls were headed back in! Where can I get a ride on your style at? not a lot of people own those either? I know it was blown near 30knts.
You can always put an enclosure on it!!