Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008

captainslady is on a distinguished road
Camraderie's reply above led me to think that you COULD get below the hurricane belt and then work up from Trinidad. No, I'm REALLY NOT A MASOCHIST, just a writer trying to get it right, and thinking I could get some good technical ideas from you guys, not sarcasm. So thanks for the last, btrayfors.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-08-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
CL...I don't think anyone was sarcastic. The reply I gave you was accurate. You CAN sail from EASTERN Venezuela straight to the BVI OR elect to island hop first to Trinidad and then on up the chain. The PROBLEM is getting to EASTERN Venezuela against the strong trade winds and seas. It is a long uphill and uncomfortable undertaking particularly in such a vessel.
BTW...thanks for disclosing up front that you are not interested in this trip except as a writer. That really makes me feel like my time on this thread was well spent. (Now THAT is sarcasm.)
Old 07-08-2008

souljour2000 is on a distinguished road
I would follow the Gulfstream like the Spanish always did...they chose Havana as a rendezvous point for good reason.This was the fastest and safest route during hurricane season when they often travelled. I wouldnt tempt fate during primetime hurricane season..staying north and nearer to some ports seems like the more prudent route.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook