Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
Dear PO,

It was a really nice, I mean really nice touch, the way you used a chain saw to remove 2 feet off the end of the galley counter. The way you removed the 2 feet of cabinet was really something also, so you could work on the transmission, easier. I wanted to replace/rebuild the entire galley anyway. Oh and the colored paper clips instead of a cotter pin were a really nice touch.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2008

CBinRI is on a distinguished road
Dear Prior Owner,

Thank you for the ten coats of varnish you put on all the wood below. Thank you for the new teak decks and electrical panel. For old sails and old instruments, not so much. But overall, very grateful.

Best regards,

CB
Old 07-11-2008

BarryL is on a distinguished road
Dear PO

Dear PO,

Thanks for the 20 years of bottom paint. Why sand, scrape, or strip when you can just roll on another coat?
I really benefited from the shoulder workout of scraping, sanding, and painting.

Thanks for the 'interesting' small jib. I'm sure that you can cut a 150 down to a 100, modify it for a very high clew, and still have great sailing performance. All the same, I bought a new 140 genoa this year.

Thanks for the dodger and bimini. I could not afford to install new ones, the existing ones are in good condition and make sailing in cold and hot weather a lot more enjoyable.

Thanks for the very complete inventory of spare parts. I was able to install the new macerator pump. The fresh water pump also came in handy. I probably didn't need to install the new fuel pump, but it was easy enough to do and eliminated one more variable. I have cataloged and can find the raw water pump, engine belts, fuel filters, impellers, and other spares.

I didn't really need 16 PFD's, but thanks for having them aboard. I kept the pack of 4 new ones and donated the rest (I already had PFD's for my kids, and my wife and I have inflatables).

All in good fun. I knew what I was getting when I bought the boat. If I had the dough I would have spent more for a boat in better condition, but this boat was fine for me needs and allowed me to sail while I brought her up to my standards (which are not all that high).

Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-11-2008

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Dear Manufacturer of my boat, (there is no PO)

Thanks for making a boat a half the price of the nearest competition. Just so you know I'd have paid a bit more for a little more quality control, especially in the gelcoat area - spider cracks on a 1 year old boat suck.
Old 07-11-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
MaineSail:

You remind me of my mother calling me in the house , spoiling all the fun just when it was gettin dark and starting to be loads of fun playing hide and seek with the girls..

Edit to Add:

PS:To My PO. thank you for allowing me to purchase your dock condo you apparently never sailed...I have improved on you never sailing her and have added a concrete foundation .....this past 8 months has been good for my dream building though and some day soon I will call the house movers to relocate her to shore front property with dock privileges.

PSS: To my PPO. Why didnt you sell your boat to me instead of the other unappreciative idiot...You had some nice Ideas and installations that got butchered..You were obviously a sailor and we would have come to a mutually agreeable price......What happened to the Spinnaker.?..I suspect My PO did not have a clue what it was an used it for curtains and table cloths.

Last edited by Stillraining; 07-11-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-11-2008

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Thank you for installing a second shore power connection in the forward anchor locker and the selection swith next to the 110v panel so I don't have to either back into any slip or run a fifty foot cord down the dock.

And, thank you for the light and tender use you gave her in the 4 years you sailed on her.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White

Last edited by sailortjk1; 07-11-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-11-2008
Senior Mumble

jbondy is on a distinguished road
To the PO: Thanks for not doing much.

To the PPO: Why, oh why, when you repowered with a diesel, did you keep the original (tiny) exhaust system and not replace it the with one that was the right size? I paid extra for that low-hour diesel when I purchased her and then watched it die an early death on my watch.

Actually, we should be cursing out the surveyors, since most of the flaws from POs should be observed and part of why we get such good deals on older used boats in the first place.
Old 07-11-2008

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
I have never seriously considered selling my boat. And after reading all this, I will definitely never sell. I wouldn't get cursed by the new owner, I would be assassinated.
Old 07-11-2008
Junior Birdman

Iflyka200s is on a distinguished road
Dear Catalina,

Gate valves? Ok that being said, thanks for the C-22... 15,000+ built the boat that got everyone sailing... A bit more QC and I wouldn't have 90% of the issues I am facing right now....

To my PPO... thanks, $12,000 in 1980 was a lot of money I'm glad the credit union got you the loan... You took good care of her.

To my PO... You tried, but did nothing, no sails, no rigging no nothing, boats need SOME care.. the barrier coat looks like it was done by a 7 year-old on crack..

I'm on it
Old 07-11-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
You're on crack, and they still let you fly???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyka200s View Post
Dear Catalina,

Gate valves? Ok that being said, thanks for the C-22... 15,000+ built the boat that got everyone sailing... A bit more QC and I wouldn't have 90% of the issues I am facing right now....

To my PPO... thanks, $12,000 in 1980 was a lot of money I'm glad the credit union got you the loan... You took good care of her.

To my PO... You tried, but did nothing, no sails, no rigging no nothing, boats need SOME care.. the barrier coat looks like it was done by a 7 year-old on crack..

I'm on it

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.