Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
While upgrading a Pearson 32, we found the water fill came in on the port side and the shore power on the starboard side. Both ran up to the bridge deck, THEN CROSSED TO THE OPPOSITE SIDES, where the water ran forward on the starboard side, and the power panel was on the port side and forward from there.

It isn't just PO's...we figure the fittings were started on a Friday, and Monday morning the crew came back and said "Gee, lookit that! Someone finished the boat while the party was still going on!"

Sometimes you just wonder, what were they doing...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I think I worked on another boat those same clowns made...my friend's Pearson 30 had the same problem, which has since been corrected. It was the styrene fumes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
While upgrading a Pearson 32, we found the water fill came in on the port side and the shore power on the starboard side. Both ran up to the bridge deck, THEN CROSSED TO THE OPPOSITE SIDES, where the water ran forward on the starboard side, and the power panel was on the port side and forward from there.

It isn't just PO's...we figure the fittings were started on a Friday, and Monday morning the crew came back and said "Gee, lookit that! Someone finished the boat while the party was still going on!"

Sometimes you just wonder, what were they doing...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-11-2008

montenido is on a distinguished road
I have to agree with halekai36. We all had the chance to inspect, crawl over, and have surveyed our "new" boats. Nobody twisted our arms. Although I am finding some surprises one month into ownership, I bought the boat with my eyes wide open. If the PO had kept the boat in immaculate condition I NEVER could have afforded her.

Sail and enjoy your boats. The POs are history.

My $.02

"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage."
Mark Twain
Old 07-11-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by montenido View Post
I bought the boat with my eyes wide open. If the PO had kept the boat in immaculate condition I NEVER could have afforded her. My $.02
Yep most of us did...but sometimes its just fun to act like kids aint it...

And hay just cause we might have bought the boats anyway knowing all this stuff dosent let the idiots off the hook for doing stupid stuff... You still bash politicians dont ya?..
Old 07-11-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Fortunetly for me, there were only two previous owners, Jeanneau, ie manufacture, and OO! ie the original owner! Yes, she was a bit worn down, head liner was falling down, needed some varnish on the inside teak.........new cushions and covers, sails. Everything was original more or less. So I am into her about $3 maybe 4 per $ over what I paid. I have enjoyed many hrs and weekends NOT working in my yard while wife works in the yard. Yard work is too much like real work......wait a minute! I do landscaping for a living! No wonder my yard work seems like work.

Any way. Overall, we get many comments about how purrrrrrty Amoretto is, comments on how purty the inside is etc. OO/PO loved their little boat, hopefully I can, and have given her what they did not, could not for many reasons in later 5'ish yrs of the 20 they owned her. We are glad to have found her, and her us!

Marty
Old 07-11-2008
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
To our PO: Thanks for keeping her in such good shape, but especially thanks for refusing any prior offers during the time it took to sell our previous boat.

Extra thanks for being such a gentleman to deal with, before, during and after the sale.

If only he hadn't switched to stinkpotting..........

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 07-11-2008
cap'n chronic

cnc33voodoo is on a distinguished road
thanks you po for buying my fathers mint condition boat,being to afraid to sail it,neglect it and then sell it to me for 1/4 of what you paid.
for the price, ill even forgive all the ass backwards repairs, surprises and hidden problems you "forgot" to mention.
i must say im thankfull it only took me 10 months to undo what you did in 8 years.
may karma cameleon visit you.
Old 07-12-2008

MattGardner is on a distinguished road
Dear P.O.

Thanks for letting the exterior of your/my boat kinda go to seed, for while you ingored it, at least you didn't sail her much. TLC I can do and thanks for the bargain you caused that a little painting, buffing and varnish work would have made unaffordable to me.

cheers sucker,
me.

Dear P.P.O,

I hope I do justice to the boat you obviously spent time, money, and love on. The interior and exterior improvements you made (replacing useless pygmy pilot berth with cabinetry, upgrading to a quality head, maintaining interior woodwork, making custom beautiful cushions, relocating electrical panel to a sensible location, installing refrigeration, adding a Quality dodger and protective sunbrella pieces for many exterior wood pieces) have made a big difference in live-a-bility to me. Once I finish taking care of the P.O's neglect this $17K baby in need of TLC will be a $25K plastic classic beauty... not that I'm selling...she's a great boat and home. Thanks!!!

Cheers,
Me!
Old 07-12-2008

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
Thanks PO for telling me it had 2 holding tanks and thanks surveyor for reporting that it had 2 holding tanks. But I don't consider 1.5" hose to be a suitable holding tank so I've spent much time and effort to add a holding tank of decent size.
And thanks for using silicone caulk on all the overhead hatches.
Old 07-12-2008

lrak is on a distinguished road
thanks from me too.

Ha ha - I think this is a great tongue in cheek topic.

I think we all knew what we were in for when purchasing but nonetheless it is good for a laugh.

To the Original Owner - who saved the money on the original fitout by doing it themselves... I hate how you cut out the windows with a jigsaw drunk... symettry is overrated... I will fix them one day. I will also remove 200kg of home made light fittings... ha ha

Also to the original owner - I think you are a genius how you left notes on everything for future purchasers... thank you. I could kiss you.

To the most recent owner - i think it is great you learnt to sail on this by taking it out 4 times and then selling... I bought a great boat for the price... your engineering skills and outboard retrieval harness etc where fantastic so much so that I removed it as one of the first tasks and now we can actually sit in the cockpit.

To all owners - thanks for stowing some great sails below... never used!! What a bonus to find a new unused 130 genoa! Awesome.

For all the electrical work the last owner undertook... nice, we have only had the one electrical fire before I rewired the boat. Made for an interesting seatrial.

To the original owner who fitted a windvane - bless your cotton socks. You loved this boat and It shows... it only takes one other person to neglect and destroy a boat.

Looking better than ever now though... and not a chance it is going to be sold.