Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008

merttan is on a distinguished road
To the person who owned mt boat before me

This is a letter from heart to whomever owned my boat before me...
You idiot!!! You mother......, you piece of ..., you son of a .....; if you had no idea how to maintain a sailboat why did you buy her the first place? You are an ididot, a certified moron!!!
It's out of my system now... Say whatever you wish to say to the previous owner(s) of your boats!

Materialism: Buying the things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people who don't matter.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2008

scupper42 is on a distinguished road
Dear previous owner. Thank you for doing almost nothing to the boat. OK 20 year old hoses on the engine are a bit over the top, but I appreciate that you only put 500 hours on her. Thank for not cutting any holes in deck, cockpit or liner. Thank you leaving it stock. Most especially, thank you for not undertaking any creative electrical work. The new batteries and charger were a nice touch. You can have your LORAN unit back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-11-2008
Underwater Basket Weaver

TintedChrome is on a distinguished road
Dear "Person-Currently-Owning-My-Future-Boat";

Thank you for taking the depreciation hit on what is otherwise a fine vessel.. Your ears will ring and you'll feel an eerie presence around you whenever I find something the surveyor will miss, or will catch but I (incorrectly) will dismiss as something I can live with until I realize how much it will really cost to fix.

I apologize in advance on the curse I will place on your children, the bad words I will indirectly call your mother, and an ongoing assumption that she had you out of wedlock. You may find your limbs suddenly hurting or inexplicably falling off as I place voodoo spells on a lego man I'll use as your stand-in. Your pets will cower in fear as I summon the powers of the dark side to perform my malicious intents onto you.

I'm sorry that I may cast government suspicion or interest on you as I mention your former boat, the words "kill", "assassinate", "mutilate", "bomb", "hope a 747 lands on your cat" and other nefarious deeds in one sentence on a message board and promptly trigger all the filters at the FBI and Interpol in one fell swoop.

Rest assured that it is indeed temporary, because as I progress through fixing your mistakes, I will become happier and happier until that fateful day where I'm on the big blue, with the sun setting behind me, heading to the med at a good clip. That day, I will forget all about you and your life will return to normal.

So do us both a favour - take care of the lady for me.. the better shape she's in when I take her off your hands, the sooner I'll lift the curse that caused your wife to grow a beard.

Sincerely,

TC
Old 07-11-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Dear Previous Owner,
I found that key-ring with the door lock key to your '68 Nova.
Old 07-11-2008

Gary1 is on a distinguished road
Dear Previous Owner,

Thank you so much for the wiring. Never before in my life have I ever seen such creative ways of splicing so many items onto two wires, or had such a surprise when so many different things came to life when I turned on the switch marked "radio".

Also, thank you so much for such haphazardly connected items in the bonding system, and using such tiny wire. I only had to replace 6 of the 7 through hull fittings.

Finally, thank you for having a stern rail built that cuts off the use of at least 2 feet of the cockpit seating on both sides. It makes it easier for me to say, "I'm sorry. I don't have room for more than four people in the cockpit--unless they're less than four feet tall.

Geez. This thread could get really interesting.
Old 07-11-2008

arbarnhart is on a distinguished road
Dear PO,

Thanks for all the effort you put in to ressurect the boat and trailer. Having a new swing keel and cable, rudder and tiller on the boat eliminates a lot of the fear of troubles with an old trailer sailor. thanks for stopping short of a full restoration; that would have put it outside my meager budget.

Dear PPO,

Thanks for storing the sails someplace safe while you neglected the boat for years.
Old 07-11-2008
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Dear PO!
Why did you replace the engine and not tighten all the mounts?

Also, what were you thinking when you went out to buy those really cute and small wire ties that you used as clamps on the fuel lines?

Did you ever wonder why the birds were dropping droppings on the cockpit floor just under the boom end?

Oh! I really love the propane fired force 10 stove/oven. We were really impressed how you used a "deck box" as a fuel locker on top of the cabin in front of the mast. Did you use a hole saw to make the 1.25 inch hole for the propane to "drain" into cabin if it leaked from the tank?

The mast wiring that is coiled up and laying in the bilge at the mast base must of been a difficult job to cut off no? Is it possible the "rewiring" you did to put that "anchor" light on the stern pole that is 6ft high was cheaper then paying someone to go up the mast and replace bulbs?

The antisiphon loop ck valve was missing.. we didn't find it anywhere.. did you remove it for a reason? That cardboard raw water pump gasket did a fine job of letting the raw water not keep the engine cool also. Its funny how even more water now comes out the exhaust pipe and how much quieter the engine is!

The wire ties holding the various accessories were a nice touch! On the rails, the head, the engine compartment.

The exposed wires for the batter charger, inverter and radios were also a nice touch!

Thank you for leaving so much food waste for the monster size roaches you had living with you. We had to despense with your little crawly friends the very first weekend on the boat! Sorry, I know how much you loved living in squalor!

Thank you PO its been fun and evertime we work on the boat we marvel at your ingenunity!

your CO (current owner)

My boat is for sale.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deniseO30; 07-11-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-11-2008

RickQuann is on a distinguished road
Sorry about the divorce ...
Old 07-11-2008

TomandKarens34 is on a distinguished road
Dear POs. It was an amazing feat of strength, the way you guys tightened the knobs on the plastic port lenses till they broke, to stop the port leaks. When they still leaked, it was a noble decision you made to endure the leaks. How they must have inconvenienced you ! But rest assured I will be reflecting on your thrifty and shrewed economic choices, to save $50 on rubber, while I'm removing 40 percent of the cabin interior. Without your help, I never could have bought this boat at 1/3 market value.
Old 07-11-2008

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Dear P.O.

Dear P.O.,

Thank you so much for your impeccable care and routine maintenance on our boat. Your interior varnish work is impecable and I have yet to find a drip! Thank you for paying for a brand new Awlgrip paint job in a color scheme of my choosing! Thank you for spending $25,768.00 to replace the engine and EVERYTHING associated with it including shaft, stuffing box, cutlass bearing, water lift, sea strainer, wiring, hoses, Racor primary filter, fule hose etc.. Thank your for installing the Sea Frost refrigeration. Thank you for re-bedding when necessary. Thank you for keeping this boat is impecable condition. Thank you for installing the dinghy davits, Thank you for taking such good care of the dodger windows. they look as good today as they did seven years ago. It's the first time I'll have ever seen the canvas wear out before the glass..! Thank you for the $1500.00+ in spare Westerbeke parts.. I could go on and on but suffice to to say thank you!!

We get comments constantly where folks think she is a brand new vessel and no one can believe she is 30 years old!!!!

My only complaint are a few wiring issues but I really can't even complain about those as every other aspect of the boat is just amazing..!!

P.S. I really don't get all the bitching as you guys, the BUYER, have the ability to inspect and survey everything before you buy!!!!!!! Why bitch at a PO when you made the decision to buy such a vessel...????? Maybe a post titled "Why am I such a stupid boat buyer" would be better?? You get what you buy....

Our Boats Gallery

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 07-11-2008 at 08:58 AM.