SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

djodenda, I am unable to reply

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  djodenda 
#1 ·
Hello djodenda,

Thank you for you message. I am unable to reply privately because the forums will not allow me to send private messages to non-staff until I have posted 10 times. This is only my second post, so I have a ways to go. Here is what I wrote:

Actually, I am a current Shark owner. My girlfriend and I bought our first (Shark #337) almost 2 years ago. We spent the majority of last summer doing a complete repaint of the hull/keel and a thorough refinish of the wood. This year we have been sailing on Picton Bay at the east end of Lake Ontario. We are loving boat ownership, but the learning curve has been steep. I am very glad I found this site. It seems to have very knowledgeable and active members.

#3 ·
Farmboy, our first boat was a Shark as well, great beginner's boat. Well mannered, not overpowered, and rewarding when you get things right.

Fleets are still racing across the country, a testament to the longevity of the class.

Enjoy!!

#4 ·
I knew the Sharkies would come out of the woodwork...

Farmboy, just post useless information here and get your counts up..

David

#6 ·
If I understand it right, we've now got Sway and Djodenda encouraging people to post crap just to get their counts up so's they can contact people privately..

What's the bloody point in having the 10-post limit then??

Why not just make it open slather to any ol' spammer who comes along?!? :eek:

#7 · (Edited)
The point is that having to make 10 posts is a significant burden for spam-bots, and reduces their negative impact on Sailnet.

It's only a minor pain for a human to do so.

Asking new folks to post useless things in their introductory threads keeps the posts out of the way of other threads, and allows their full participation.

I'd rather that when they make "real" posts, they can take their time and compose something valuable to our community.

I'm glad you asked. I hope I am right.

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.