SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   SD, Thanks (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/44953-sd-thanks.html)

max-on 07-13-2008 11:27 PM

SD, Thanks

I want to publicly thank SailingDog for helping me with my boat. In addtion to several phone conferences, SD spent the day on the boat helping me address a few concerns I had with my VHF. He took the time to make the hour drive to Rhode Island, and showed up with tool bag and equipemnt in hand. Also, throughout the day we discussed several ways to upgrade other items on the boat that I have been thinking of doing and he provided me with several new ideas, where to source items I will need, and suggestions how to install them. I will not bore the group with the details, but thank you SD for all your help today.

SD makes a substantial contibution to this board, and sometimes the 'veterans' here, including me, chastise him for such things as instructing newbies the 'correct' way to post; however, after talking and meeting with him I can say he has a genuine interest in helping people/sailors by sharing knowledge, information, and experience on this board.

Stay tuned, next episode, I will be instructing SD the finer points of monohull sailing. :D

sailingdog 07-13-2008 11:32 PM

Now you know Max-on's lost it. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by max-on (Post 340878)

Stay tuned, next episode, I will be instructing SD the finer points of monohull sailing. :D

Max-on and his better half are a very nice couple and it was my pleasure to help them out and to spend most of the day with them. :D

denby 07-13-2008 11:40 PM

You see, there are nice dogs out there.:D

camaraderie 07-14-2008 12:21 AM

Max...Did you have him sign a waiver of liability before you let him on board? :D :D

Good on ya Dawg! :)

jrd22 07-14-2008 01:05 AM

Rep points for you SD- if they worked. Good for you, that's the type of thing that makes this a great site and community.

John

Stillraining 07-14-2008 01:12 AM

Ya OK... now bring that little bag on up this way next week end will ya?

TxLnghrn 07-14-2008 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailingdog (Post 340879)
Now you know Max-on's lost it. :)

Max-on and his better half are a very nice couple and it was my pleasure to help them out and to spend most of the day with them. :D

So that was the day someone was able to get a post in before SD :D

sailaway21 07-14-2008 02:22 AM

Good on ya, Dog. Dog is a great and tireless resource here, a pain in my ass, and an otherwise decent guy. I'm hardly surprised at the road trip occuring and I'll bet that both Max and Dog had a great time. One of the revelations of sailnet is that, when you finally do meet a member, you quite often already know him quite well just by posting back and forth, so there's not a lot of time wasted getting acquainted.

I'm glad that Max has elected to instruct dog in the finer points of real sailing and not the finer points of filing a frivolous lawsuit. With the dog's typing ability, the latter could grind the entire judicial system to a halt.

sailingdog 07-14-2008 07:28 AM

Still-

You ain't pretty enough for me to drive that far... I've driven from the East Coast to Seattle, but it was only for the lady I ended up marrying. :)

Sway-

:) What, you don't think I should start churning out lawsuits??? :)