Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2002

VIEXILE is on a distinguished road
ANEGADA DAVIDA

Cruised to Anegada over the 4th of July weekend. Incredible. Great people, great beaches, great food, great, albeit limited, partying, great nothingness. Worth the effort.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-08-2002

HHJ is on a distinguished road
ANEGADA DAVIDA

Been there; couldn''t agree with you more.
Old 07-09-2002

DuaneIsing is on a distinguished road
ANEGADA DAVIDA

We just visited during our charter in the BVIs last month. Anegada was a great addition to our itinerary. The northern beaches alone were worth it. I couldn''t believe TradeWind Yachts allowed us to go (especially as it was my first charter as skipper).

I didn''t find the navigation to be difficult at all, and with good binocs, you can find all the navaids you need for safe passage through the reef. Are most charterers that clueless, or are most charter companies just extra cautious?
Old 07-09-2002

ANEGADA DAVIDA

We took a spin in Neil''s little 3-seat ultralight for an hour or so on Saturday. You wouldn''t believe the number of sharks in the water (in 4'' of water) east of Cowreck Beach and over at Loblolly. Navigation is easy, as the markers are all new. There were several Moorings boats, Tradewinds and Stardust boats in the anchorage. Thing is, you can''t see Anegada until you''re within 5 miles or less. It''s like approaching Barbuda, fringed with reefs and a single channeled entrance. Not a big deal, and the charts are pretty good at putting you there from Gorda Sound if you pay attention.
Old 07-12-2002

tsenator is on a distinguished road
ANEGADA DAVIDA

lol...Thats funny....all the time while we were sailing over there I kept singing that song by Iron Butterfly.....too bad we didn''t have it for the stereo....the song lasts almost as long as the trip over there.

And YES!....it was more than worth the effort going over there...beautiful place....and did you see/feed the goat...;-)
Old 07-13-2002

ANEGADA DAVIDA

When we call Lowell at the Reef for dinner reservations (you MUST tell whoever''s going to feed you what you want by 4:00) we always order the "nubian mutton." The Reef can be a party, but the Soares family at Neptune''s Treasure treat you like family. Free run of the bar, kitchen, freezer, etc. A total "honor system" setup. Actually, most bars on Anegada are "pour your own." If you want something to eat at 3:00 am, go to the kitchen and cook it. I got invited out on a week-long longlining trip by Mark and Dean Soares. Pretty cool.....