Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Corn Field
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Does the list ever end?
Every one of us has a list of things they want to do on their boat, in terms of repairs, upgrades, and outfitting. Has anybody ever in the history of boats ever reached the end of that list?
I spent the whole of last week on my boat, just working on her. I never once took it out, never even started the engine (although, I should have). I got tons done, but each time I sat down, and took a breath, I thought of something else I would like to add to my list.
- I fixed the bilge pump... again.
- I fixed a short in the bilge float switch (thats scary).
- I replaced old fuel lines.
- I added a handpump bulb before the fuel filter.
- I put a fuel shutoff switch after the filter.
- I replaced the upper lifelines.
- I added red LED lights to the cockpit.
- I replaced a broken steering cable, and have a spare.
- and I installed a tank monitoring system.
I would let you know my remaining items, but there are so many, and its growing every time I open a magazine. click on sailnet.com, read a book, look at another boat, or even spent 10 minutes thinking about my boat.
Am I destined to die with an unfinished list of things I want to do? Is this what I have bought into? Am I crazy for having enjoyed doing all that work in the stupid heat?
I <3 my boat.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.