Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008

PTsailing is on a distinguished road
I had a super snark, great little boat. Basically a coleman cooler with a sail. Plastic covered styrofoam. Sail was nylon, not plastic by the way. I ended up have UL sails make me a better sail after someone borrowed my boat and rolled up my sail wet, by the time I got it back it was totally mildewed.
Old 08-01-2008

ereuter is on a distinguished road
The one I had (I bought it for $50 when I was in 7th grade - big purchase!) was just styrofoam with no hard shell. One day, I had it all rigged, and put one leg over the side to get in, and my knee went right through the hull! Whole boat broke in 2.

I MIGHT still have the rudder, daggerboard and rig in my parents' garage, but we're in ME, and I assume you're pretty far from here.

Eric
"Figment" 1978 Pearson 30 #1083
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2008

BillBrush is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsailing View Post
I had a super snark, great little boat. Basically a coleman cooler with a sail. Plastic covered styrofoam. Sail was nylon, not plastic by the way. I ended up have UL sails make me a better sail after someone borrowed my boat and rolled up my sail wet, by the time I got it back it was totally mildewed.
Sounds like the Super Snark was a big upgrade over the original. If I could post a link here I would post my source for the plastic sail on the original Sea Snark. It includes a picture and it certainly looks like plastic. If you search on Google for "sea snark sail" it's the third link down, and it's distinctive in that it uses a numeric ip address instead of a domain name. It's the Albrektson's family page.
Old 08-01-2008

BillBrush is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereuter View Post
The one I had (I bought it for $50 when I was in 7th grade - big purchase!) was just styrofoam with no hard shell. One day, I had it all rigged, and put one leg over the side to get in, and my knee went right through the hull! Whole boat broke in 2.

I MIGHT still have the rudder, daggerboard and rig in my parents' garage, but we're in ME, and I assume you're pretty far from here.

Eric
I'm in Nebraska. I'd still be interested in them if they're still around. No hurry on finding them, I'm going to scrounge together a cheap setup to learn on. My local source for aluminum tubing is running about $100 for the mast, spar and boom, so I'm going to wait until I know what I'm doing before I go dropping that much money on a ship that may very well self-destruct as soon as it touches water. :-)

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.