SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Moving from Marina to Marina - Crew

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  kpdii 
#1 · (Edited)
The boat is ours, I submitted the title app today! I need to move it from one Marina on Lake Texoma to another one 5 hours away this week (slip rental is up).

Since I am
  • a. VERY rusty as sailing (20 years since, in smaller boats)
  • b. Not familiar with the lake
  • c. going to have to figure out the quirks on my boat

I would prefer to have someone go with me. Any suggestions where to find someone to do something like that?

If I have to I can go motor the whole time, but I would like to enjoy the boat more under sail than petrol.

Thanks
Patton

#2 ·
Which Marinas?

So which marinas are you transferring between? You of course realize that with it being summer you will probably have to motor anyway because there will be very very little wind because of the high sitting over us right now. Also what size is your new boat. The largest I've sailed is a 40' Catalina. What time are you planning on moving your boat Saturday? Sunday?

#3 · (Edited)
I am going from Cedar Mills to Grandpappy.

I'm off this week so I was going to try to do it before the weekend as my daughter is having outpatient surgery on Friday and we don't know what the recovery will be like (it is supposed short). If I did it this weekend it would have to be later on Saturday or anytime on Sunday.

She is a Newport 28 who has spend the last 6 years as a social boat more than sailed (he never bothered with the jib!!). I would appreciate ANY help.

Here are her photos.
Picasa Web Albums - 57Healey - 1977 28ft Cap...

Thanks, if I can't work something out, I can pay for an extra month at Cedar Mills, its just farther away for us.
Patton

#5 ·
Congrats KPDII-

I would highly recommend you read the post in my sig...and add the type of boat you have to your signature... makes things easier when you ask questions in the future, since people will know what boat you're talking about.. :)

#9 ·
As the saying goes, Murphy was an optimist!

We made a 5 hour cruise last nearly 8, and found out that Atomic 4's are possessed and can die at the most inconvenient times. But also found a little wind where it shouldn't be, and a little luck (at the Atomic's demons running away) She is safely at her new slip.

Outside of the Atomic going flaky an hour in, then mysteriously working for the rest of the day an hour later. The old boat did OK. I absolutely found things that need to be fixed

I cannot express the gratitude to Ron for helping me. I look forward to sailing with him again when she is properly sorted out.

More later if you care, sleep now....

Patton

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.