Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree261Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Smack's a pretty cool youngster and has two cute boys to teach about sailing. We kinda hung it out to dry when I went down and sailed with him and ended up with a bit of carnage but we were killing the entire fleet, at least until we shredded the jib.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Charlie. That's still the most fun I've had on the water dude. I learned a whole lot from you - and can't wait until we can do it again - either on the Smacktanic or Oh Joy. And the boys still talk about you. I still can't keep the 5 year old from dropping the F-bomb when he smokes a stogie. You had quite an impact.

Twins - great post. I think you summed it up pretty well, dude. I'm definitely in learning mode right now - but I do have a goal. And I think it might be Cracing...or maybe Ruising.

Honestly, for me, here's the deal. I just want to be prepared to deal with "big" stuff. Not necessarily to go seek it out by any means - but just be confident that I at least have a plan. [Okay - maybe seek some of it out.] That's what's so great about the BFS sailors around here. They're willing to teach knuckleheads like me.

And, c'mon, it's freakin' exciting. Right?

Now go throw down some multi-madness and become the lone voice of BFS reason for the multi world!

Last edited by smackdaddy; 03-23-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Smack - I'm with you on the learning and a little bit of seeking. If you come up to NY sometime we'll throwdown a good sail or two.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
. .
. .
. .
Old 03-25-2009
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Jody,
Good to see that it has turned out reasonably well for you all things considered. I havn't seen the SA thread yet (what was it called ?) but let's face it , most of us have touched bottom at some time or another and the only difference between a hard and a soft landing is luck or lack thereof.
Cheers

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 03-25-2009
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
I talked to Jody and it not looking like a salvage job for HG. It looks as if CSR will be able to repair her just fine.
Old 03-25-2009
On the hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Jody,
Good to see that it has turned out reasonably well for you all things considered. I havn't seen the SA thread yet (what was it called ?) but let's face it , most of us have touched bottom at some time or another and the only difference between a hard and a soft landing is luck or lack thereof.
Cheers
He didn't just touch bottom, he got lifted and pounded on it for hours on end. HG just happens to be a very tough old girl.
Old 03-25-2009

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
For Smack - since he loves this stuff..

Thanks Charlie - yep it looks we may pull through this... See the blog on my sig for pics etc - but she is indeed stout.. awesome crew to boot as all stayed onboard....

S/V "
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or

Old 03-25-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
HOLY CRAP JODY!!!! That is freakin' BEAUTIFUL!!

Wow..damn right I love that stuff. You are smokin' pal! Is that pic from the race?

BTW - I'm really glad to hear that HG is on the mend. You had me worried, dude.
Old 03-25-2009

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
HOLY CRAP JODY!!!! That is freakin' BEAUTIFUL!!

Wow..damn right I love that stuff. You are smokin' pal! Is that pic from the race?

BTW - I'm really glad to hear that HG is on the mend. You had me worried, dude.
Thanks at that point we were doing 14 or so SOG, and pics from the race....

S/V "
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or

Last edited by artbyjody; 03-25-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2009
On the hard

Yep, you know you're smokin' along when the bow wave is green water.