Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree261Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
They are the North Star of the next sailing generation.
Well, then somebody had better teach the next generation of Polynesians how to make a Chicago-style deep dish, or the Next Generation of cruisers will be whining on their blogs about how crappy the pizza is in the Marquesas... (grin)
smackdaddy likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Well, then somebody had better teach the next generation of Polynesians how to make a Chicago-style deep dish, or the Next Generation of cruisers will be whining on their blogs about how crappy the pizza is in the Marquesas... (grin)
Okay - now THAT'S funny. BTW - haven't you ever heard of Polynesian Ham and Pineapple Pizza?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 01-04-2012
just ducky

Don0190 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
............... haven't you ever heard of Polynesian Ham and Pineapple Pizza?
You consider that pizza?

Anyone been there and can inform us if they really eat it, or is it some Calif dreamed up thing?
Old 01-04-2012

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
True, quite tasty as well after several months of being pizza less. Now we can make a better one onboard....

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Old 01-04-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
I had some spectacularly lousy pizzas when I lived in Mexico (they put freakin' CORN on some of them - WTH?), and some equally bad ones in Fiji.

Ain't nothing wrong with harshing bad pie.

Old 01-05-2012

anthemj24 is on a distinguished road
Not mine, but a good story and would certainly seem to qualify as a BFS

Quote:
The link posted by The Mariner to the Cowes Race Week boat dismating was like replaying what happened to me off the Brazilian coast in 2006. It was nighttime and my ship was much bigger (800-feet) and moving a bit faster, but the accident was much the same: A T-bone, my ketch then sliding down the ship's port side, the ship's port anchor catching the forestay/roller furler and carrying it away. But my mast stayed up. Isn't sailing fun?
photos: Remembrance of Things Bashed | Sail Feed
full story: The Adventures of the Vessel Condesa Ľ The Run Over By a Container Ship Story
Old 01-05-2012
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Quote:
I just had to steal this story (which deservedly has its own thread) because it really needs to be in the BFS Cup contention. Freakin' awesome:
I absolutely loved this story, and agree with the author's final sentiments.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 01-09-2012
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpm View Post
This video was from a few years ago, I was the camera man.
Check out this BFS by davidpm! We rarely get video of dudes throwing down in heavy conditions. This is a great one!

Old 01-09-2012
Last Man Standing

Wow! The "Storm Photo" thread is turning out to be a treasure trove of BFS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBay View Post
And this is a link to a video of my wife at the helm during her first offshore passage in 40knt winds. We got married and bought our current boat a few months later. coincidence?
A beautiful woman helming a Swan in heavy weather. Hawt!

Old 01-10-2012
Last Man Standing

Okay - so some really great stormy BFS above. Now to switch gears. Below is a series of 6 videos that, I think, show the very stark reality of cruising (especially singlehanding). It's sure to raise some hackles and fire off some vitriol (which is always fun) - but it's one of the most informative, honest, unadulterated, unglamorous, and real accounts I've seen.

Many of you will be seriously rolling your eyes and getting annoyed in the first three minutes of the first vid...but you should really just buck up and watch all 6 - then feel free to erupt...or sympathize...or whatever...

DrakeParagon and the "NYC to Bermuda Nightmare" in his Westsail 42:

This series kind of covers the gamut of issues faced and lessons-learned. And despite it all, he made it. From that perspective - definitely BFS.

Thoughts?

Last edited by smackdaddy; 01-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.