Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree323Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
'Barfly' was an iconic Mickey Rourke movie and I am almost blown away that you saw it and liked it SlapDiddy! I think that you have dated yourself a bit by this comment though.
Let me see, I saw this movie about 20 years ago so you are probably in the age group of 30-50. Your writing and manic style of hosting threads here suggests obsessive compulsive disorder which suggests to me that you are younger than me (not sure why). The OCD suggests that you are a management consultant or in a salesman of some kind, perhaps even an IT sailnutter. I am guessing you have an MBA or always wanted to get one.
So how close is the 50 y.o. cat boy hitting close to home? I am not a psychologist or a fortune teller but I bet that I am about half right.
ssw914,
The seal's death was unfortunate but you did not have much choice now, did you? Had you taken it for it's skin and meat like the Esquimos then Greenpiece would not be pissed. Too bad about that but great story and glad your son is on solid ground wanting to get back on board.
Carry on.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2008
Aspiring to be a Mexican

sww914 is on a distinguished road
I made slippers out of it's skin and gave them to my vegetarian sister.
Old 11-04-2008
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
sww - You got it goin' on, dude. Sweet retort.

Caleb - we had to watch it in film class - along with all of David Lynch's crap from the '80s. Man you geezers were twisted. Speaking of OCD - I ain't Surfesq - for the 1,000th time. Now will you please let it go? Are you still going to bill me for the therapy session?

PS - I'd consider myself more "obsessive-impulsive". You know, the kind of guy that buys a really old sailboat on impluse, then spends the rest of his life obsessively working on it and learning to sail it. I figure I'm in a "safe place" here. Heh-heh.

Last edited by smackdaddy; 11-04-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-04-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Yes smack, we are going to bill you for the therapy session, as you have the ages ALL wrong. it goes like this........

0-12 you learn all you need to know about life
13-19, you know everything, so we need to hire you at that time!
20-29 you realize you do NOT know everything, and parents are smarter than you thought
30-39 most of us get old, as in we have kids in the 0-12 range
40-49, we;re really OLD, as we have teenagers in the house to tell us what we do not know
50-59 you get to live again, as them twenty somethings are appoligizing for there friggen teen yrs, and telling you how smart you are
60-69 are the golden years
70-79 you;re an old phart
80-89 a really old phart
90-99 are the depends yrs, ie do you need them or not!

That'll be $1 boat unit, please pay at the receptionist at the door. If you leave without paying, we know 55+ different countries worth of Guido's to hunt, chase and mangle you bringing you back for justice!

marty
Old 11-04-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
marty...another "version" from Billy Crystal in City Slickers:

When you're a teenager you think you can do anything, and you do. Your twenties are a blur. Your thirties, you raise your family, you make a little money and you think to yourself, "What happended to my twenties?" Your forties, you grow a little pot belly you grow another chin. The music starts to get too loud and one of your old girlfriends from highschool becomes a grandmother. Your fifties you have a minor surgery. You'll call it a procedure, but it's a surgery. Your sixties you have a major surgery, the music is still loud but it doesn't matter because you can't hear it anyway. Seventies, you and the wife retire to Fort Lauderdale, you start eating dinner at two, lunch around ten, breakfast the night before. And you spend most of your time wandering around malls looking for the ultimate in soft yogurt and muttering "how come the kids don't call?" By your eighties, you've had a major stroke, and you end up babbling to some Jamaican nurse who your wife can't stand but who you call mama. Any questions?
Old 11-04-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
LOL Cam!

Kinda like last yr I needed an eye exam, a client was complaining about some things too, mentioned the eye exam, and she asked how old I was, she said I was yrs too late! I missed the one on my 40th bday that was scheduled the day I was born! This is from an eighty something lady! She is a hoot!
Old 11-04-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Smack...here is a genuine BFS for you...it's a shame you can't speak Portuguese, but this guy is sailing around the World now, his second trip, this one the other way around, in a Bavaria 36!!!!

See here, translate some on google or whatecver and see..this is true real BFS..and he is not being sponsored other than a few electronics he was given, and some local comunities...he is doing it alone...

GENUINO MADRUGA
Old 11-05-2008
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Giu,

I took a look at the website and tried the Google translation. Here's an actual sample of what I got:

"Impact gives 1st hair world voyage"

Something tells me that's not quite right. It's almost like Google doesn't think Portuguese is a real language. You might want to have a word with Larry and Sergey.
Old 11-05-2008
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
That's real strange. I could actually understand quite a bit of what was written, with big gaps of course, but more than I thought I might.
Old 11-05-2008
Last Man Standing

Yeah - Charlie, it was my bad. I was trying the translation from Early Latin to English. Oops. Just saw an opportunity to try to get Giu to do a Photoshop job on the founders of Google.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.