Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree273Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
The problem daddy, is CD only uses his boat at the dock barbecuing! So you're handicapped right there. So what can I say.

I was thinking CC as he is out the most, but ABJ did get two knockdowns at FWB. On the other hand, I got a 3rd in that race, no knockdowns, but the rail was in the water on the upwind leg more than I would have liked........

Anyway, would be at work today, but installing a roof top patio in 20-30 MPH winds, rain going sideways......better day to sail than install 18x18 concrete pavings stones on pedastools.

Oh well, always bookwork to do when one owns the business on days like this!

marty
Old 11-20-2008
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, I like the idea of CC too. He's solid. And the cup will be something for him to admire while he's taking breaks from gluing "Oh Joy" back together. Also he DOES have the most whacked photo thus far with that fender fly. 'Nuff said.

Your humility is admirable Bluto, but personally I'd have to put you in over ABJ. The point is to ideally push it TO the limit (rail buried) - not past (spreader buried). And anyway, he got a spanking for the whole tether thing. Maybe next year.

As soon as I get the cup in, I'll post the photo.

Keep it up you crazy Westies! And just remember that the scores can change at any moment!

PS - CD work with me here, dude! We've only got one more month to best these chumps! Go sailing for crying out loud!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2008

Another SN'r out on the FWB day was David, ie dejodenda. He was sailing with just him and 14 yr old daughter, did pretty well too as I recall.

Someone else was out up north daysailing for the 2nd or 1st time out in just launched boat.......

anyway, at lest it was not a friggen huricane, learned a few things, next year will get the SJ setup to work, that would have helped bunch over the 110 and double reef, or take down the main next time. have sailed that way with twin sons in similar conditions, along with just a single reefed main.

anyway, back to attempting to balance biz checkbook!

Marty
Old 11-20-2008
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Someone else was out up north daysailing for the 2nd or 1st time out in just launched boat.......
That was Stillraining. I'm quite familiar with the waters and conditions he was sailing in and his description was dead on.
La Conner, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Old 11-20-2008
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
BFS Cup

I'm liking it. What do you guys think? 15.5" of pure BFS bragging rights. Then we pick next year's group and pass it on - complete with "where in the world is the cup" photos. This could be fun.

Old 11-20-2008

Ray,

Thanks for the reminder as to whom........

Not sure about that trophy dad, looks to........."ordinary!" you know, if we are going to have a trophy for a BFS sail, it needs to be extraordinary!

Not that my vote counts.............so take it for what you have now just paid for, ie NOTHING! HEE HEE

marty
Old 11-20-2008
Last Man Standing

C'mon dude, just imagine slamming back a Dark and Stormy outta this thing. It's simple, clean, and mean.

However, I'm definitely open to other ideas. As long as Sailaway doesn't fru-fru it up too much.

And anyway - this one was already taken:

Old 11-20-2008

you mean we can not steal that one!?!?!?!?! dang it.

Ok, so how abouts an equal similar look! Not that I will win it or anything, but need something out of the ordinary for this award. Ok, back to your regularly scheduled checkbook balancing act! Can't do an ignore, as this is NOT and ignore thread..............
Old 11-20-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Sorry guys - I'll be draggin ya down - you know we go faster with rails out of the water...So, to make up for it I am ordering a 300% Genoa... big enough sail ??

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or

Old 11-20-2008
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Here I sit looking at white horse and striations of foam on the lake out front with it blowing 30+ and me with my boat on the hard. It SUCKS! It'd be FAST out there today for sure.... While that photo was cool, the trip with Fredia on our May cruise and that beam reach across the strait in a clear air Gale was much wilder. Sorry, no pics. The camera was inside and Fredia was too scared to go get it, that and she was getting Mal de Mar when all the way in the cabin. It was nuts! Surfing along the faces of waves on the beam with the Staysail and full Main up in 40 knots of breeze against a 3 knot ebb. We saw 11.8 along one nasty wave and made the trip from San Juan Island to Port Townsend in four hours. Over my shoulder to Starboard and it's all green with froth (on the high side), back to Port and it's a gaping hole. No breaks from the helm cause Fredia couldn't handle it and was too afraid to come off the ladder and out there with me. Damndest sail I ever had and it beat the delivery sail by a mile for adrenaline shots per minute. I kept expecting Oh Joy to trip over her keel at those speeds but she just sliced on through. It was the only time I hollered at Davey Jones since I started sailing.

Yep, bloein' out there:

Weather Conditions for:
Smith Island, WA (SISW1)
Elev: 50 ft; Latitude: 48.32000; Longitude: -122.84000

Current time: Thu, 20 Nov 13:43 pm (PST)
Most Recent Observation: Thu, 20 Nov 1:00 pm (PST)
Time Temp. Wind Wind Sea Level
Direction Speed Pressure
(PST) (f) (mph) (mb)
20 Nov 1:00 pm 49 SSE 31G36 1011.4
20 Nov 12:00 pm 49 S 32G38 1011.5
20 Nov 11:00 am 49 SSE 45G52 1009.5
20 Nov 10:00 am 51 SSE 46G52 1008.0
20 Nov 9:00 am 51 SSE 26G29 1007.9
20 Nov 8:00 am 51 ESE 24G26 1006.1
20 Nov 7:00 am 53 SE 24G26 1007.4
20 Nov 6:00 am 52 SE 23 1008.4
20 Nov 5:00 am 51 ESE 15G17 1009.6

Last edited by CharlieCobra; 11-20-2008 at 04:44 PM.