Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree265Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
Smack, the boat was in Fl, she comes up in the spring.
Paul was ready to help me move to another slip in Lauderdale, but it wasn't necessary. He's a great guy though.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
WS - very cool. Did you just purchase her? Or do you keep her down south for the winter? She looks like a beauty, dude.

In any case, I don't doubt CP is a great guy. And he seems to know a thing or two about boats. I just like to razz him a bit. Of course, I'm on his ignore list - so whaddayagonnado?

Thanks again for the BFS. I have a hunch we'll get another this spring!
Old 01-09-2009

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
Bought her on Halloween. If I work things right, she'll travel south in future years.
Old 01-12-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
She's a beauty WS. Congrats. And have the camera ready for that trip north! I do envy you, dude.

Tell Slinky "hi" for me if you sail with him again.
Old 01-18-2009
Last Man Standing

Okay - I know many of you are freezin' your heinies off on the hard - and I hate to rub anything in (you know me), but I just can't help it.

We had one of the best sailing days ever! 70 degrees, steady 20 knots, flying the full main and a new 170 genny - and just freakin' smokin' across the water! OOOwwwww!

And then, to top it off, we achieved what is for us has been the Holy Grail of Sail - we sailed it into the slip!!!! Like butta!

I'm telling you - this is the best damn life in the world! Who cares about the economy, how young/old we are, who's in office/out of office, who can spell, who's an idiot, whatever?

Nothing like sailing, baby. Nothing!!!

Of course, I'm not gonna like, beat my chest about it or anything. But if CP, PB, Cam, Sway, Giu, Val, Dog, etc. need any sailing tips...I'm here for ya (heh-heh).

Last edited by smackdaddy; 04-08-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2009

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Nice Smacky..real nice. Like the long foot genoa..looks good

Alex
Old 01-18-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Smack, Thanks for the post. you know had to rub it in. It was 3 degrees at midnight here and has been warming up all day. It is now 26 and the ice on the river is only 6 inches thick. I have to say something s*****y just to feel better. Tighten those life lines up!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2009

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Based on the waters spray from wind and lack of bow wave I'd have to say that looks like maybe 6 kts of wind you are out in there Smaky.

BFS indeed.

What did you do, shift the beer to leeward all of a sudden to get that heel going for you?
Old 01-19-2009
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Smack,
Just glad to see that you have a new jib for yourself. How easy was it to find a replacement or did you have a new one made?
Keep on smackin' those drums!
Enjoy that southern winter which is more like our spring and fall up here in the North East (NE <> Nebraska <> New England?).

Everybody has one:

Old 01-19-2009
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
Based on the waters spray from wind and lack of bow wave I'd have to say that looks like maybe 6 kts of wind you are out in there Smaky.

BFS indeed.

What did you do, shift the beer to leeward all of a sudden to get that heel going for you?
Okay, after your whining and foot-stamping - I went back and checked the lake's weather station report - and I'm now officially busted. It was a steady 15 with gusts to 22.

Of course, I'm going to claim that the evidentiary pic was snapped during a wayward 10 lull. But, the fact that all the beer did indeed slide to port bears out my claim that I was heelin' like a banshee during the prevalent 20's.

6 knots indeed!

Anyway, I've been out in bigger wind (with Charlie - that bad MuthaSkippa). So, I wouldn't desecrate BFS with this particular sail. It was the slip, goofball! We sailed it into the slip! For a greenhorn like me, that's freakin' BIG! (Especially when we have a bottleneck in our marina that is not more than 12' with boats on both sides).