Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree265Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2009
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Actually, I knew about the Genny before we went out but didn't wanna hoist it because the wind was up. The Jib shouldn't have blown out in a 30 knot puff as it was a 90 or 100% but it was old and weak I suppose. We were trimmed better than the fleet it seems, since we smoked their butts on the course. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes when he gets a chute.

Smack, ya get that Flip video camera yet?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Heh-heh. Busted again!

It's true that I do have a "one-sail-shred-per-guest" quota on my boat. But Charlie more than made up for it with the speed he milked out of my old boat. Alex, you would have been proud, man! We honestly were crankin' out there. So the Westies are indeed fast!

Then he topped the whole thing off with the rig tuning and a fine cigar! How can I complain? It was a great day.

I'll keep the tiller warm for you Giu! Come on down and rip my genny dude! (Sailhog - it's not what you think. Relax.)
Old 01-20-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCobra View Post
Actually, I knew about the Genny before we went out but didn't wanna hoist it because the wind was up. The Jib shouldn't have blown out in a 30 knot puff as it was a 90 or 100% but it was old and weak I suppose. We were trimmed better than the fleet it seems, since we smoked their butts on the course. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes when he gets a chute.

Smack, ya get that Flip video camera yet?
Not yet - I'm still looking for the one that has the "seastate enhancement" feature.

After Chall's smack-talking and Chuckles' dubious tone, I gotta find something to give me that edge.

Otherwise, I might lose some credibility around here! Heh-heh.
Old 01-22-2009
No longer on Sailnet

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Smack, wait for a big ass ferry to go past and try and sit the smacktanic (with your Genny doused for the occasion of course and borrowed storm jib centre frame) right in Ferry's wake and SNAP.

Hey if after a 100 posts i'm now a 'senior member' what the hell does that make guys like SD and Giu??

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-22-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

ckgreenman will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
Hey if after a 100 posts i'm now a 'senior member' what the hell does that make guys like SD and Giu??
Old Farts!!

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Meet me at

Ignore Power = Currently Rebuilding
--
Old 01-22-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgreenman View Post
Old Farts!!
Yeah, but us old farts don't stink like you...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-22-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
hehe. ya but that argument might not be valid soon. Who know I might actually post a BFS soon.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

--
Old 01-22-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Don'tcha first need a boat to do that??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgreenman View Post
hehe. ya but that argument might not be valid soon. Who know I might actually post a BFS soon.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-22-2009

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
He has a toy sailboat with his rubber ducky for in the hottub he is getting next week!
Old 01-22-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Don'tcha first need a boat to do that??
Wow. Nothing gets by you does it

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/buying...rlotte-nc.html

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

--