Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008
Optimist,a small big boat

OPTIMANIA has a spectacular aura about OPTIMANIA has a spectacular aura about
Talking I am now in the B racing team

Hello

I am officialy now in the B team of CNL

I started in the new team on September 20 and 21. now is serious, and no more team points, now it is individual score.

In Portugal we have 4 levels for Optimist kids.

Introduction - For new kids and beginers (you need 2 years here) only friend races, eat pizzas.

Novice - For kids that finished the Introduction (you need 2 years here) make 2 juvenile regional championships I finished this now.

B racing team - kids 11 to 12 - race the Optimist nacional Championship, and some European races. this is where I race now.

A racing team - kids 12 to 15 - race the Optimist Nacional champoionship and some world races

Optimist is good, look I found this

http://www.optistuff.com/info/docume...heOptimist.pdf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by OPTIMANIA; 09-23-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2008

eMKay is on a distinguished road
Sweet Fred, nice work, good luck. When do you graduate out of Optimists and into a planing boat? After you turn 16?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Technician, RCR Yachts Buffalo.
Old 09-23-2008

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations Fred,
In no time at all you'll be sailing in the Olympics.
Old 09-23-2008
Optimist,a small big boat

OPTIMANIA has a spectacular aura about OPTIMANIA has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMKay View Post
Sweet Fred, nice work, good luck. When do you graduate out of Optimists and into a planing boat? After you turn 16?
Yes, when i am 15.

I want to go to 420 and then 470 like my father but maybe I go to Laser.

I go to do 420 if my bestfriend Tomas, comes with me, but he is big, so he goes to bow man. but if he can't come I got LAser.

Last edited by OPTIMANIA; 09-23-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-23-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Work hard to get better Fred...this gets more serious now and so only those with real dedication will succeed to the next level. Talent + work = Trophies!!
Old 09-23-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Hey Fred-

Your dad told me about how they changed the rules, and that there were some A's and B's racing in that last race of yours...at least if I understood him correctly, which can be a challenge, and you still managed to come in 62 out of 140... that's really quite good... think of how you would have done if they hadn't had the A's and the B's racing alongside you.

Being more familiar with the new boat and getting some more practice in will help... From what I heard, you really didn't have much practice time in on the new Zeigelmeyer opti... so that may have been part of the problem too.

Now you're in the B's and I am sure you'll do just fine...especially with the new radial sails on your new boat.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 09-23-2008
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Way to go Fred, now you get to raise your game to another level...

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 09-23-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Congrats Fred, we're really proud of you. Good luck.
Old 09-23-2008
Roadkillibus Texanis

retclt will become famous soon enough retclt will become famous soon enough
Hey Fred,

What a fan base you have here! You have a lot of friends out here and we're all pullin' for ya!!!

Bob T

"I cannot not sail" - E. B. White
Old 09-23-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Today, as me and Fred were on the MSN messenger talking about his post (he only posts when I am around, just in case), and Luis was banging on Fred's head, I really was able to see how lucky I am..I am living it all again...with the added benefit of not allowing my son to do the mistakes I did.

Anyway, as we were talking and Fred was telling what he wanted to post, he told me that now, it's al business.

First they get to be the firsts to wash their boats, so seniority is starting to kick in, then, they now have to wash the boats with special soaps not to dmage the hull coating, the sails are no longer just rolled. Now they are washed, dried, rolled and then into a bag.
So does the centerboard and the rudder..they are now in a "don't touch my boat mode"..
he asked if I could give him some dyneema for a new set of sheets..he is using the ones an older Opti guy gave him...they have a lot of races..so he wants them..they hardly have thread in them..ehehehe

But it's funny how the atittude now changed..it's no longer a hobby or way to do exercise and meet kids and have fun..

Now it's almosta serious business..still room for fun, he told me, but only when the ffet are dry...

Before it was a parody to see them play around...as they sailed and washed the boats..sometimes I had to wait 2 hours for him to get the boat washed and stored with all the fooling around..

He's all business now...and better...he now gives the newbies a hard time..just like he got 4 years ago...my God..4 years at that club..

Time flies, and soon enough it's the kid from Hell's turn and all starts again..I just hope we are all here to welcome the kid from hell..that one...he has something..it's there..in his eyes...I know it...he has something