Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008

mrwuffles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Be aware that the guys doing the movie posted here a while back, and were looking for kids to sail on that boat, and be in that film...
wish i had seen tht post i would have loved to do tht, i probably dont have enough experience yet sounds like fun though
Old 10-07-2008
*starboard*

merlin2375 will become famous soon enough
Previews:
West Marine:

Also here:
Morning Light : Official Site
Old 10-14-2008

skyellab is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Just got done watching the Seattle special premiere of "Morning Light".
Roy Disney was great as well as the others who were part of the movie. You should bring at least 10 of your friends to the movie this weekend. It was all about the journey to get to the goal and changing your life. The video was great, the team work was fantastic and all in all heart pumping excitement. I won't ruin the movie for you but this was filmed as it happened in the race and could not have been planned better than how things naturally unfolded. Disney and we in turn get a real treat.

You might wonder how they filmed from outside the boat while it was in the middle of the Pacific. They had a catamaran that was a camera chase boat which was Faucett's that could make that 2228 mile journey as it was so efficient on diesel engines. You will see it as they come to the final buoy in Hawaii. It blends into the movie so watch closely.

As a scuba diver I enjoyed the sea life, dolphins, whales and underwater shots.

I give it a two thumbs up and a do not miss if you like sailing. It was a fantastic adventure and great movie. The actual actors were really nice people that I met in person. It will change your view of how you see those around you definitely. The safety briefings will also be of value to you as a sailer.

Make this movie a must see so they will do more in the future.

Last edited by skyellab; 10-14-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Wouldn't miss it on the big screen myself
Old 10-21-2008
Re-Member

welshwind is on a distinguished road
Only on the two coasts?!?!***$%!

The only problem is that Disney apparently thinks only sailors (and others who would enjoy the movie) live on the two coasts. With the exception of Ontario (Toronto), the best I can tell is that it is NOT showing in North America that doesn't have ocean front. I went to the official site where they list the theaters and that is what I've found.

I guess I'll just have to wait for DVD (which shouldn't be too long if they are really only showing it on the two coasts).

"To reach the port of heaven, we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it - but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor.”
- Oliver Wendel Holmes
Old 10-21-2008

theyre not even showing it by me which is 30 mi from the city right on li sound.....no sailing goin on around here
Old 10-21-2008

skyellab is on a distinguished road
The strange point during the question and answer session at the special showing in Bellevue, Washington is when Roy Disney said that it was coming out on select screens in small parts of both coasts.

It did not seem that they had confidence in it's entertainment pull. Roy has done the Transpac I think 16 times and wanted to put a little excitement in it for himself by having a challenge of putting young people in the race and getting some type of compensation for the cost.

On a movie note: If you love sailing and have done a race or two it will be fun to watch. If you have little boating experience the coverage will have different meaning to you as it documents the preparation and race to a extent that could be covered in an hour and a half. If you like sailing, sea life and water it will be worth watching once. If you enjoy deserts, mountains, and land, it will be a bore.

It is a nice film done nicely and I only got a little bored when they lost wind during the race but that is what happens, why there are weather decisions and a challenge to someone who has been there and done that. Wait for the DVD and rent it. This film should have come out in the spring.
Old 10-21-2008
Ignoring Trolls in 2009

TxLnghrn is on a distinguished road
Not available in Houston

Only the 3rd largest city in the US....Has one of the largest number of boats per capita.....Wouldn't want to show it here.
Hull #15
Old 10-21-2008

haha thts priceless i think disney needs to work on there marketing on movie showings
Old 10-21-2008
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Morning Light - Theater Listings

Damned few cinemas nationwide. for those in the Baltimore/Wash/Annapolis world--3 choices. Landmark in Bethesda and east Bawlmer, and the Harbour Cinema on rt. 2 Solomans Island rd. Gotta see a sailing film on the big screen if at all possible!

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.