Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Hey Polka, welcome dude. Just ignore Caleb - the guy's been hitting the stoner thread for aloooooooonnnnnnnggggggg time, if you know what I mean. "...portend to have visited..." Big words, no tense.

Anyway - I'm not into plum brandy. It's a ladies' drink. Give me Mad Dog 20/20 any day. Or a warm Mickey's Big Mouth and cheap rum. Yeah baby.

Anyway, Warsaw, Budapest and Prague. It was the czit.

BTW - got any BFS?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2008
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Well I actually had an LFS this weekend. Wind was a lame ~7 knots, the "waves" were such that you could see the reflections of the boats in the water, and the Sailor Jerry's was delicious.

There was virtually no one on the lake, so my friends and I just let the tiller flail and talked about the evolutionary politics of religion. I ended up getting punched in the face. And that chick can swing.

Boring as hell. The sail - not my friends.

Last edited by smackdaddy; 11-02-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2010
Last Man Standing

I actually had a GREAT LFS yesterday...with a coupe of firsts...

The first first was our inaugural depoopination. It was the first pump-out of my newly plumbed head and Sailnet holding tank system. After doing all the work myself, I was sure that something would explode or not work correctly - but everything worked flawlessly. No smelly blue geysers, no busted fittings, nothin'. Very cool.

The second, and most important first was that it was just me and my two young boys on the boat. I wanted to spend time with them really teaching them about the boat.

The youngest (6) piloted us out of the marina under power and did a great job. He still does the major oversteering thing - which makes me nervous - but he's getting the hang of it.

We also practiced an MOB with him at the helm. Both boys did great, and got us within 5 feet of the victim.

The boys then dropped their lines and we drifted and fished for an hour or so...eating candy and practicing our cussing. The wind was really light - maybe 5 knots, so it was a very mellow day.

My eldest (10) took us back into the marina and actually docked the boat for the first time. I worked the motor and he steered...and did a GREAT job. Pulled us in like butta.

So, all in all, it was really a great day sailing with my boys. They both said that it was the most fun they'd had on the boat. That's what it's all about.

A lovely outing indeed.
Jsf1sh likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 02-28-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-28-2010

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Thanks, Smack. It is "ex-wife" weather up here right now. Cold, damp and miserable. The lake is too hard to sail on, too slushy to fish on, and the boats in the yard look forlorn. Thank you for brightening my day.
Old 02-28-2010
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
This was hilarious. Smack, I can't believe they still let you in here.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 02-28-2010

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I actually had a GREAT LFS yesterday...with a coupe of firsts...

The first first was our inaugural depoopination. It was the first pump-out of my newly plumbed head and Sailnet holding tank system. After doing all the work myself, I was sure that something would explode or not work correctly - but everything worked flawlessly. No smelly blue geysers, no busted fittings, nothin'. Very cool.

The second, and most important first was that it was just me and my two young boys on the boat. I wanted to spend time with them really teaching them about the boat.

The youngest (6) piloted us out of the marina under power and did a great job. He still does the major oversteering thing - which makes me nervous - but he's getting the hang of it.

We also practiced an MOB with him at the helm. Both boys did great, and got us within 5 feet of the victim.

The boys then dropped their lines and we drifted and fished for an hour or so...eating candy and practicing our cussing. The wind was really light - maybe 5 knots, so it was a very mellow day.

My eldest (10) took us back into the marina and actually docked the boat for the first time. I worked the motor and he steered...and did a GREAT job. Pulled us in like butta.

So, all in all, it was really a great day sailing with my boys. They both said that it was the most fun they'd had on the boat. That's what it's all about.

A lovely outing indeed.
Sounds like a nice sail Smack.
Less the pump-out.

I haven't gotten the boat out yet this year.
I spent the day yesterday ripping out the head and all the plumbing for it in preparation for installing my $29.95 home made head. The one that needs no plumbing, uses no water, never smells, never needs to be rebuilt and is impossible to clog up.

I still have a hard time believing I ever got all this plumbing...

to fit into this space.

I found a frozen seacock and a broken bilge pump in the process too.
Old 02-28-2010
Last Man Standing

Knot, dude, what is that thing? Is it a composter? For 30 bucks? Nice!

Old 02-28-2010

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Knot, dude, what is that thing? Is it a composter? For 30 bucks? Nice!

composting toilet report

Actually the real cost is more like 90.00 dollars. I forgot about the plastic bowl and Styrofoam seat. That last part is what cost the most. It was 112.00 by itself that's why I made twin boxes. I can take top piece off the boat when I'm not sailing and use it ashore.

There's one for the garage and one for the boat.
Two sheets of 3/4" plywood that the guy at Home Depot cut for me, one 6' two by four a tube of Liquid Nails, some screws and old paint.

Old 03-01-2010
Last Man Standing

So how does it work? Is it just a square bucket? Or does it have some composting mojo going on?

Old 08-08-2010
Last Man Standing

Dolphin and spicy mustard? I love it...

Three boaters rescued after three days lost at sea - CNN.com