I'd rather be sailing
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The state of s/v/ Pelican
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 10
I just saw the thread and I can't say that it makes me more comfortable about moving Pelican in November. We're most definitely taking the inside route, regardless of the weather forecast. Unfortunately, if something isn't predicted, even trying to duck into Manasquan, Atlantic City or Cape May in foul weather is a difficult option, but it's better than nothing.
The planning is insane. We're trying to compress what people normally prepare for over a several year period into 4 weeks. It's taking a toll on our family for the moment (stress and temper-wise) but we all know what the reward is. Between homeschooling, medical and dental visits (and now a big problem we're having with our son that was discovered at a dentists visit - he needs to have some orthodontist type work and nobody wants to do it since we're leaving), selling stuff, renting our house, outfitting our boat, getting major work done to it where it currently is (an oxidized ballast issue), business transition stuff, packing, etc. life is very insane!
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me