Glad I found Sailnet
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanked 51 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Check for Repo sailboats. Part of my 6 month search included searching Yachtworld for keywords related to that. Use the advance search and put words like these into the Keyword field: bank, repo, repossessed, repossession. (I used to do mis-spelling variations, if memory serves, but now YW corrects my intentional mis-spellings. My theory is that better deals may be found when you're one of the few people finding the misspelled listings. )
I think you have to use one keyword at a time. I don't remember if there's a way to OR them.
I just tested out some keywords:
- Using "bank", I got 148 sailboats
- Using "repo", I got 10 sailboats
- Using "repossessed", I got 1 sailboat
- Using "repossession", I got 2 sailboats
Try other keywords too:
- Using "motivated", I got 334 sailboats
- Using "bankruptcy", I got 1 sailboat (and a different one for "bankrupt")
- Using "forced", I got 55 sailboats
Hope that helps.
Last edited by Bene505; 10-16-2008 at 09:36 PM.