SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Tube, ring and line

4K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  Sapperwhite 
#1 ·
Hi, newbie here

I have a tube, and it has a ring, what does the line do?

Can I take it off shore?

#32 · (Edited)
I can't believe you are thinking of taking it offshore! All you inexperienced and irresponsible idiots that just sail off accross oceans without proper preparation shouldn't be rescued or even answered on sailnet.

The line clearly needs to be lashed to the ring with a great gordian knot, and you are missing the rod/plunger shaped piece that is supposed to be in the tube, held rigid by the ring of course. You don't need to buy that from a marine supply store, as everything there is overpriced and made like crap. They sell them at home depot as hatchet handles, although that may not be as short as you are used to.

#34 ·
Hi newbie here.
Who the hell is this Giulietta guy anyway? Does he know anything about sailing? He told me I need an afterguy for my thingamaboober, and I said you are full of crap. Afterguy is just another term for knows nothing. Anyway, he told me I was an AFOC and I told him to learn how to spell.

#42 ·
Hi newbie here.
Who the hell is this Giulietta guy anyway?
Careful. I have it from a good source that he is the Puerto Guês Ambassador to Colorado and has diplomatic impunity.

Don't want to start an international incedent and have their navy blocading our harbors!

#37 ·
Excuse me Tenuk, I thought it was Giu but if you say it Gui, than Gui it is.
Now, where did that video go of the ass humping the man, I bet Gui would like that as he can relate to it very much.

BTW, I am safe for a while as I am going sailing for the weeeknd and other guy, what ever his name is, is going home.

#38 ·
Pull the line and find out, sheeesh. Hey newby we don't like yer kind here. You need to read the rules before posting here and obviously you haven't.

I'm recommending you be put on secret probation and all your posts be monitored. Cam, CD keep an eye on this gui thing please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.