Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008

ccriders is on a distinguished road
I love the secondary application for the starboard winch handle holder.
John
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2008

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
Alex, my son thinks these pictures were "cool" and "can't wait to meet them".
Old 10-26-2008

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Xort-

Have you thought about making the cockpit a bit narrower by extending the cockpit benches slightly. Did that on a friend's boat by adding a 4" wide storage locker to each cockpit bench... The locker ended up being really nice for storing binoculars, charts, docklines, a couple of throwable PFDs, the heaving line, and we added a two clips for handheld flares, one red, one white in each locker lid.
HMMMM, I'll have to think about that. They'll have to come up short of the companionway so they'd not be straight all the way across. And they'll have to stop short of the wheel as it almost touches the benches now. There are portlights right where these storage boxes would mount. But it still might be doable. We're about to redo the cockpit cushions so I'll have to make a decision about this real soon!
Thanks
E
Old 10-26-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Xort-

Depending on how ambitious you are, you could use the space to create additional stowage for the cabin where the ports are currently down below. If you have questions on how to do this PM me and we can talk about it off line.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 10-26-2008

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Xort-

Depending on how ambitious you are, you could use the space to create additional stowage for the cabin where the ports are currently down below. If you have questions on how to do this PM me and we can talk about it off line.
Just ran that by the Admiral. We're thinking about it. I'll scope it out the next time I'm at the boat. We don't use the hatches much so yes we could use that space to make the lockers deeper. But the sole on one side has the two water tank fills. They might be in the way of this cabinet extension.
More later...
Old 10-26-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Xort-

Where I put the bridgedeck on my boat was over the water fill... and I just relocated it...

Here's the original cockpit layout, where you can see the black water fill cap. Where it is now, on the bridgedeck, it will never have standing water around it.

And here you can see the bridgedeck.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 10-27-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Very nice G- !!! While my kids would love that, my wife would kill me since it would involve buying a new boat! Well, boat show is coming up.....
Old 10-27-2008
Telstar 28

You're obviously delusional if you think the missus is gonna approve you getting a new boat given the state of the economy at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C View Post
Very nice G- !!! While my kids would love that, my wife would kill me since it would involve buying a new boat! Well, boat show is coming up.....

Telstar 28
New England

Old 10-27-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Hell, my business is up! So far all miy numbers look really good. Just got my largest order ever a couple of weeks ago. Hmmm, where can I find a nice J39....
Old 10-27-2008
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
It's actually a great time to buy a sailboat. Many sellers and few buyers.