Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Ride Cowboy..ride...Kid from Hell Rodeo

This is how we kept the kid from hell still while I tried to navigate my boat thru a narrow shallow canal..sometimes we get the fenders out for him to play.

Everytime I look at it I laugh...he's defenately nuts....

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa, as they say in CD's land...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
So what did your mother do with you when you were Luis's age.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 10-31-2008

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Probably kept Alex tied up.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 11-01-2008

scottbr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post

Where do you think duct tape came from.
Old 11-01-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
For a minute there I thought the video was of Alex. It reminded me of how he rode in my car approaching Chicago!

I think Luis is confused and rightly so. You guys keep talking to him in a foreign language. Talk to the kid in English, something he can understand, and he'll probably calm down. (g)
Old 11-01-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
eheheh my mother says Luis is not as bad as I was..I once broke a tou pistol in the head of my very very debile old great grandmother...even today people talk about it...

Sway..are you aware that Luis during his school education will slowly learn 2 or 3 other foreign languages, appart from Portuguese??

Wait a little, and he will be able to talk in english too...

At least he has started...he likes to look at sailing magazines, and since I have many American magazines..hey...it's a start..

Fred is crazy about reading as you know..he finds any position confortable..

In 10 days he read 5 full books plus a whole bunch of comics, while still interacting with us and sailing with us..he would retire to reading whenever he was not needed..we strongly encourage his reading habits

Last edited by Giulietta; 11-01-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2008
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Giu,

I have to say that when I travel I'm completely amazed at how many people in so many places speak English. It's actually very humbling to me. I spent a year living in Mexico and was able to get along in basic conversations (though it was hard as hell to get it down), but to think about being fluent in 2-3 languages - yikes.

Of course, over here in the States we don't go around pistol-whipping our great grandmothers. Although I did bloody up my sister with a bit of the old Cain and Abel when I was 3. Fortunately, she only need a stitch.
Old 11-01-2008
Anything-Sailing Founder

ckgreenman will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Giu,

I have to say that when I travel I'm completely amazed at how many people in so many places speak English. It's actually very humbling to me. I spent a year living in Mexico and was able to get along in basic conversations (though it was hard as hell to get it down), but to think about being fluent in 2-3 languages - yikes.

Of course, over here in the States we don't go around pistol-whipping our great grandmothers. Although I did bloody up my sister with a bit of the old Cain and Abel when I was 3. Fortunately, she only need a stitch.
I know what you mean smackdaddy. I was stationed in Italy for 3 months and, while it was nice to find someone who spoke English, I actually started taking Italian lessons on base. I didn't learn a whole lot but I learned enough to get by.

One thing that drives me nuts though is when Americans EXPECT other countries to speak English and refuse to even try to learn the native language.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

Ignore Power = Currently Rebuilding
--
Old 11-01-2008
Alex, not full of crap

werebeagle will become famous soon enough werebeagle will become famous soon enough
Like they say, those that speak 3 languages are trilingual, 2 languages are bilingual, and one language are American.

When I was on a European tour with the Providence Mandolin Orchestra, I made a point of not asking for translations of the menus. I figured if I didn't like something I ordered, it was my own fault for not knowing the language. I did learn to order bear in the native tongue, even to the point of specifying dark beer.

Courtney's my Dancing Angel

Where am I, and where's my paddle?
It's not impossible, it just costs more.
Give me ambiguity, or give me something else.
Old 11-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by werebeagle View Post
I did learn to order bear in the native tongue, even to the point of specifying dark bear.

Charlie..where did you go that serves Grizzly????

Ahh I got it...Alaska is foreign for you!!!