I'd rather be sailing
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The state of s/v/ Pelican
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 11
Thanks John and Tom! Equipment wise, we don't have the liferaft. What I DO have is: 1 EPIRB w/GPS, 1 PLB, SSB, Fixed VHF, (2) Handheld VHF, Chartplotter, Portable GPS (Garmin Oregon 400C), SPOT, lots of SOLAS handheld, parachute and 25mm flares, holing kit, jacklines/harnesses/tethers, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. The liferaft won't be bought and installed until we get to Annapolis. I have an Avon 280HP pressure floor inflatable. It will be stored on the foredeck, is lightweight and can be easily launched. It won't hold 5 guys very well, but it's what I have.
Tom - I agree - 4 to 6 feet on Friday night to Saturday, but the winds aren't too bad. Saturday the winds are forecast to pick up a little which is probably a good thing... We need to hightail it out of CT to make it through the Race and around Montauk at ebb, but outside of that it should be a fun trip. Hopefully no suprise lows...
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me