Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
mark- How about a nice Classic Tartan????? I mean really, who wants one of those new fangled POS's?

BTW- have you looked at Sabre?
Old 11-13-2008

MarkSchu is on a distinguished road
Actually sabre is my first choice...C&C was an option because of price and better performance. A Sabre 386 is now what I am saving for.!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-2008

JimWitherspoon is on a distinguished road
Mark,
I bought a new Tartan 3700 this year, and could not be more satisfied with its sailing performance and overall quality. Before buying, I compared it to the Sabre 386. I preferred the Tartan because of the rig, interior accommodation, and overall quality. We really like the carbon rig. It has a self-tacking sail, roller furling reacher and a pocket boom that makes handling of the main really easy. The Tartan staff has given us good support. We enjoy the boat.
Old 11-17-2008

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Jim, I have a question for you.
Were you aware of the many ongoing litigations that Tartan and C&C are involved in before you made your purchase?
Have you had any warrenty issues that require addressing?

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 11-17-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSchu View Post
Actually sabre is my first choice...C&C was an option because of price and better performance. A Sabre 386 is now what I am saving for.!!!
Might take a look at the 362. We have one inour harbor. Very nice boat and rates faster than the 386.
Old 11-17-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWitherspoon View Post
Mark,
I bought a new Tartan 3700 this year, and could not be more satisfied with its sailing performance and overall quality. Before buying, I compared it to the Sabre 386. I preferred the Tartan because of the rig, interior accommodation, and overall quality. We really like the carbon rig. It has a self-tacking sail, roller furling reacher and a pocket boom that makes handling of the main really easy. The Tartan staff has given us good support. We enjoy the boat.
So...you decide to start posting now..and on this thread....curious..never saw you here before...I find that odd..your first post...I don't know...

In the one Tartan thread that disappeared..we had a lot of "satisfied" owners that posted only there, only once...almost looked like an "inside" job...and same speech...

Are you an "insider"??? Who are you? Can I see your boat sailing??

How do we know you are a legit owner and no someone (with side interests) pretending to be one??

To me...you are not who you pretend to be....I got caluses now..I figured it all.....

What I think Tartan did with Sailnet is a shame....but I think they forced Sailnet to remove that thread...

Sorry..gotta go....el Don is coming....
Old 11-17-2008

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
What I think Tartan did with Sailnet is a shame....but I think they forced Sailnet to remove that thread...
WHAT!?

You are kidding me! Please tell me this is not true.

That thread was chock full of useful information for anyone considering a new Tartan.

Moderators, care to comment?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 11-17-2008
Thanks Courtney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
WHAT!?

You are kidding me! Please tell me this is not true.

That thread was chock full of useful information for anyone considering a new Tartan.

Moderators, care to comment?
Enquiring minds really want to know.
Old 11-17-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Tartan Thread

Until we can comment, we won't. We hope to be able to give you some direction on this by tomorrow afternoon, but the matter is out of our hands.

Do not expect or ask for any more of a response until then. You won't get one from any of us.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 11-17-2008

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Until we can comment, we won't. We hope to be able to give you some direction on this by tomorrow afternoon, but the matter is out of our hands.

Do not expect or ask for any more of a response until then. You won't get one from any of us.

- CD
Well, that doesn't mean the rest of us can't comment.

That thread contained a healthy debate about the merits of Tartans new construction methods and materials, problems that some owners encountered, issues with warranty service, and serious financial questions about the solvency of the company -- evidenced by legal judgments and failed M&A activity.

No disrespect to you CD, or any of the moderators, but this censorship is a load of CRAP.

I've got news for Tartan. That thread better reappear or every time anyone asks about advice concerning a new Tartan purchase, I am going to urge them in the strongest language possible to avoid dealing with the company. And this is coming from someone that WAS seriously considering purchasing one of their larger models.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.