Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News, Va
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
I finally made it home.... woohoo...Fellas, Thanks SO much for the great advice. You all are the greatest. I think the ICW is the way to go and shooting out in the event of good weather. I would much prefer to wait till spring, It would make the trip a thousand times more enjoyable, however I will be in training all spring preparing for our next deployment, and I will not get that much time all at once to do the move.
The boat has sat only about 3 months before I bought it. The previous owner lived aboard the boat with his father till he was 18, then went to college. His father passed away 2 years ago and he moved back aboard and lived there till about 3 months before I bought it. I have pictures of the boat underway from July 08. The Isuzu Diesel was rebuilt about a year ago. My wife, while I was deployed, went down and looked at her. Hers being the final "Yes I will live on that" or "no way find another one." Although she is not as nautically inclined as I am, she has a great eye for things that don't look right and she was satisfied that this would be a great home. I know that is different from being seaworthy, but I also know her. If there was anything majorly screwey going on, she would have known. When my leave starts, we will head down there and start the pre-underway checks, make final runs to boaters world and the like to get extra fuel filters and last minute doodads and take her out for a day sail to make sure that everything is going to work before we push off for the trip. That final go-round will be the deciding factor. Again thanks for all the help...