Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2002

tsenator is on a distinguished road
Boat shows

LMAO....Thats so funny....I have to agree though. Denr can''t post 2 messages without putting in his little dig on boats that are made by the 3 big boat manufacturers. Like she said, "he can''t help himself"....LOL

In fact he sent me a personal message saying that he doesn''t initiate trashing these boats ...(yeah .....Right !....Lol....he does it ALL the time.....LMAO).....and he says that he hates that I defend these decent costal cruisers and that it makes him "nuts" when I post facts that he hates. Of course he will deny everything, but I don''t care. Most people know he''s an idiot at times.

Ps...please don''t send me a personal message. It will only be deleted
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2002
Senior Nappy Headed Ho

Denr is an unknown quantity at this point
Boat shows

tsenator, osama, csimms, whoever:

That is completely untrue, I posted four messages without digs back in February this year.

As far as your request, I promise not to send you anymore personal messages without pictures, I know you can''t read and are frustrated. Did your mother help you with your latest response?
Old 09-08-2002

Wega24 is on a distinguished road
Boat shows

Hey Denr
what do I hear about free tickets ???
I need at least four .... for the whole show

I promise, we can find us a beer and yak about the 3 famous boats ..lol

I have slept in the howard jonson last year, only a few blocks away for around 65 bucks a night, not bad. Although the almost 20 bucks parking at the pier sucks majorly. Have to find me a expensive hotel and a free shuttle next year
Thorsten
Old 09-09-2002

welch is on a distinguished road
Boat shows

What happened? All I wanted was some simple advice about Strictly Sail- Chicago. Where to stay, where to eat, hotels, parking, what to see; since I am not from the area and have never been to a sailing/yacht show. Didn''t mean to set up a ''personal attacks'' board. Thank you for all the information provided anyway. Dave
Old 09-09-2002

Heruka is on a distinguished road
Boat shows

I''m located in or around Fairport Harbor. The boat''s there, also. It''s a Tartan T30. I have yet to put her in the water as I''ve also had her for not too long. Been working on her all summer. We''re renaming her Starfish, I think. But we haven''t completely settled on one. Warren to Sandusky? That''s a helluva drive. I believe the boat that I saw of the same name as yours was located in Branenahl. I always did like the name, waltzing matilda. Feel free to email me. Are you hitting any other shows? Sandusky this weekend? Cleveland this winter?
Old 09-09-2002

Heruka is on a distinguished road
Boat shows

patrickwelker@ncweb.com
Old 09-10-2002
Catalina 38 Avantura

duffer1960 is on a distinguished road
Boat shows

My wife and I went for the first time last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is worth going to. We stayed at the Holiday INN Navy Pier, and walked to the show, but we took the shuttle back. It was a very short walk to the Navy Pier, but once you get there, you have to walk through the crowds all the way to the far end of the pier to get to the show. That walk was almost as long as the walk from the hotel itself!! And now it''s heated, and we have our jackets on! Luckily we carried a backpack for stuff we may pick up at the show, so we were able to put our coats in there until we got to the show itself. I would recommend you bring some kind of backpack for carrying all of the info you will pick up, along with anything you may buy.

We used Travelocity.com to book the hotel and got it for around only $80.00 per night. (I don''t know what their regular rate is, but it is probably a lot more than that, especially being in the middle of downtown! I have used Travelocity other times and I get rates that are 1/2 of what the hotel quotes me!) I recommend Travelocity highly! Also, the Holiday Inn was a very nice hotel.
Old 09-10-2002

MaryBeth is on a distinguished road
Boat shows

Dear ChristineB,

Do not worry, dear. If you had signed on with the screenname Ralph, he would not be as harsh, but would still be rather rude. That''s just him (or her, we don''t really know, now, do we?) But we love Denr anyway. Anyway, Denr has a real, proven preoccupation with a woman''s menstrual cycle. Perhaps he/she/it is a member of the Taliban, having that much concern for a woman''s time of the month and the need to make a comment about it. Let''s face it, every time a female has something to say, Denr refers to the menstrual cycle or how much sex she''s getting. Maybe Denr''s just a he who just doesn''t get enough, who knows? He may very well be married and really think that the menstrual bleeding goes on for 3 1/2 weeks a month because that is what his wife tells him to keep him away! And then there''s the headache for the remaining 4 days. Maybe he is just very, very tinily endowed and is jealous of his wife''s clitoris. Maybe he''s the menstruation police!!! "All your moods have been monitored, step away from the vibrator and the gallon of ice cream!!" In any case, don''t get upset, just take it for what it is. We have always had to deal with the tiny, um, brained, so don''t worry.

On the other hand, he does occasionally have some handy things to say about sailing.

You enjoy your boat show, wish I was there.

Fair Winds,
Mary Beth
Old 09-10-2002

Quida123 is on a distinguished road
Boat shows

Very observant response Mary Beth. It made me laugh, but I still cringed. Denr is such an idiot and everyone knows it. Its one thing for him to have an opinion, which he''s allowed even if it''s biased, but its another thing when he responds in his smarmy way. He''s just a low class loser that is a nobody in real life, but being able to post messages on the internet makes him somebody in his mind. Its really sad, I wouldn''t have even posted this response, but since he posted what he did to Christine B, I thought I might as well stoop to his level. His responses are like a junior high kid with all sorts of enthusiasm and giddiness but with no forethought or knowledge to back it up. Just more stupid, snappy comebacks.
Old 09-27-2002

KenD is on a distinguished road
Boat shows

Iknow it''s not in your backyard but the boat show in annapolis is really worthwhile if for no other reason than to come to the bay
and enjoy great seafood and of course beer,etc see a mess of boats and vendors of all the toys we ever wanted but either don''t need or can''t afford washington is close by you can od on museums and shop till you drop.