Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
Cam

Thanks for all you've done here.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2008
Detachable member

wchevron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post

I do feel let disappointed by the fact that you've now left us to the mercies of a mostly unchecked CruisingDad, who will be forcing his BBQ Catalina agenda on us without hesitation or restraint now that the sole voice of reason has vanished.
SD, i heard the inside scoop is CD is pushing to get the name changed to BBQnet now that Cam is out.
Old 11-30-2008

raisin56 is on a distinguished road
Thank You Cam
While there are many wonderful things about our country, SD is right, our legal system has its flaws. With the current ease of frivolous lawsuits and journalistic prying into every aspect of a persons life we find ourselves with fewer and fewer quality people willing to step forward int the public eye to lead. How many time have you had to vote against someone rather than for someone?
Thanks again Cam for you past service to the sailing community.

Dan
Old 11-30-2008

danielgoldberg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
I didn't know a thing about the Tartan thread, or any alleged issues with their yachts until this. In addition to knowing about the alleged issues, I know also now know that they appear to not be a particularly nice bunch of people.

This is a good thing for the firstmate and I, as now our list of potential dreamboats just got narrowed down.
I meant that if Cam hadn't posted it as moderator, someone else probably would have. And because he did, that became the thread rather than someone else starting one. Also, the Tartan situation actually had gotten some attention on other boards and I think in a rag as well.

Anyway, that was a very small point. My bigger point was that I would rather have Cam at the helm than be rail meat with the rest of us. But, of course he's entitled to be spelled every now and again too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by danielgoldberg; 11-30-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-30-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
CP—

The world becomes a more interesting place when you're bored... since you tend to solve the boredom problem rather creatively, much to the dismay of your target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiacpaul View Post
Cam,

Thank you for your service.
Its Sunday morning here, and well, this just plain pizzes me off.
I understand the legal aspects all too well. I also understand your decision.

I'm going to have a couple of cups of coffee and reflect for a minute...
Then, probably add a page or two to my lil spot on the 'net... re: all the public info, and let them come after me. The Cuban says I need a hobby, and I'm bored.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-30-2008

RestlessWind is on a distinguished road
Cam
I applaud your honesty and integrity. novis/tartan AND Sailnet could benfit from assuming the same high standards. It maddens me to see "free speech" trampled under the weight of threatened lawsuits, ESPECIALLY when it is truthful/objective. Sad to see it happen, but very glad that you will be staying on.
Honor and Dignity.... many could learn from your example!
Old 11-30-2008
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
Cam
You deserve a big “THANK YOU” from all here. Yes you have deleted, edited and admonished some of my posts, but I will miss your moderation. I take my hat off to you for standing by your principals. I for one look forward to your future posts, as you can now come out and play without your moderators responsibilities. Welcome back into the trench.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Old 11-30-2008

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Cam,

I understand the reasons for your decision but also understand Sailnets desire to avoid defending a lawsuit in these trying times. It costs money, even if you are in the right, and for most all of us, money is in short supply these days.

I want to thank you for contributing your time and expertise to help educate your fellow sailors, be they neophytes like myself, or experienced world cruisers. You were willing and able to help regardless of the persons experience level and always gave useful advice. I know I personally benefitted from your advice, and want to again thank you for that.

I hope you will continue to be a regular contributor here, the forum will be greatly diminshed without you.
Old 11-30-2008

djodenda will become famous soon enough djodenda will become famous soon enough
Cam:

Thanks to you for all you have done for us as moderator. I look forward to your continued contributions.

Thanks, Cam!

David

1987 CS 36 Merlin "Kyrie"

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown
Old 11-30-2008

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Cam

You a a true man of principal and true to your principals and I admire that. I support your reasoms for resigning and protest Sailnets decision to "knunkle under" to the strongarm threats.

One only has their reputation in life and no matter how you cut it the stance to give in on the principal of freedom of speech on the website to protect Tartans commercial interests is tantamount to agreeing with them.

This is a sad day for the site as it means that all threads in regards to products should be held suspect. Be carefull what you all post no because if they have the reasources and do not like what you have written, they may threaten to sue and your comments will be now "edited" off the forum.

I assume this is the principal you are protecting and I applaud you. You are a gentleman with honor.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner