Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008
"Sparkie"

j34035 is on a distinguished road
Sailing Video

A few years ago there was a sailing video produced by North Sails that had Tom Whidden and crew sailing a J/35 while commentating sail trim and boat handling. Do any of you remember what the name of that video was and where I could find it on DVD?
DD
Jboat J/37c (new to me Jan 2011); J/22 #1003

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Did you try contact North Sails???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-08-2008
Seasoned Salt

Trekka is on a distinguished road
I think you're asking about The Shape of Speed and if you google it along with DVD you should find it fairly quickly.

Trekka CSY33
Old 12-08-2008
"Sparkie"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekka View Post
I think you're asking about The Shape of Speed and if you google it along with DVD you should find it fairly quickly.
I thought that was the video and ordered it, but it has only the segments of discussion with Deaver, Marshall, and North; not the sailing sequences with
Tom Whidden. I had the VHS tape years ago, but it got away from me somwhere. I guess I will have to call North U. and see if they have a source, as they do not list it on the website. Thanks!!
DD

Old 12-08-2008
Great Lakes Sailor

padean is on a distinguished road
North U Sail Trim

North U has a CD with multiple video segments and voice-over narration along with animated diagrams for sail trim at different points of sail that is very good. Maybe that is what you are looking for. Try
NorthU COURSE MATERIALS and see if this is what you remember.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
Old 12-08-2008
"Sparkie"

Quote:
Originally Posted by padean View Post
North U has a CD with multiple video segments and voice-over narration along with animated diagrams for sail trim at different points of sail that is very good. Maybe that is what you are looking for. Try
NorthU COURSE MATERIALS and see if this is what you remember.

That is a good CD. I have that and also recommend it to others. The video I am looking for is very dated (late 80's?) but is also a good video. Oh well, not a deal breaker.
DD

Old 12-08-2008
Seasoned Salt

Trekka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by j34035 View Post
I thought that was the video and ordered it, but it has only the segments of discussion with Deaver, Marshall, and North; not the sailing sequences with Tom Whidden. I had the VHS tape years ago, but it got away from me somwhere.

The VHS is what I have and it has sailing in it with observations and descriptions.
I wonder why the DVD would not?
Sounds very odd.

Trekka CSY33