SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailing Video

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Trekka 
#1 ·
A few years ago there was a sailing video produced by North Sails that had Tom Whidden and crew sailing a J/35 while commentating sail trim and boat handling. Do any of you remember what the name of that video was and where I could find it on DVD?
DD

#2 ·
Did you try contact North Sails???

#4 ·
I thought that was the video and ordered it, but it has only the segments of discussion with Deaver, Marshall, and North; not the sailing sequences with
Tom Whidden. I had the VHS tape years ago, but it got away from me somwhere. I guess I will have to call North U. and see if they have a source, as they do not list it on the website. Thanks!!
DD

#5 ·
North U Sail Trim

North U has a CD with multiple video segments and voice-over narration along with animated diagrams for sail trim at different points of sail that is very good. Maybe that is what you are looking for. Try
NorthU COURSE MATERIALS and see if this is what you remember.

#6 ·
North U has a CD with multiple video segments and voice-over narration along with animated diagrams for sail trim at different points of sail that is very good. Maybe that is what you are looking for. Try
NorthU COURSE MATERIALS and see if this is what you remember.
That is a good CD. I have that and also recommend it to others. The video I am looking for is very dated (late 80's?) but is also a good video. Oh well, not a deal breaker.
DD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.