Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008
Here .. Pull this

Sailormann will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Jim...my understanding is that a word document can easily be converted to html and that those with space to host it and unafraid of the consequences or perhaps living outside of the USA could host it as you describe.
I have often wondered how long it would take to get something to go truly "viral". Perhaps this could be a good test. If I email it to 50 contacts and they were then to email it to 50 contacts....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2008
Here .. Pull this

Sailormann will become famous soon enough
Just an FYI...

The file goes through much more easily as an attachment than it does when cut and pasted into the text section of the email...
Old 12-16-2008

travler37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMIJim View Post
What in God's name would inspire somebody to take something that was in an open, non-proprietary, easily-archived, easily-searched, easily-indexed format that could be viewed by any common web browser and put it in a format that is none of those things?

I would have put references to the URL on my web sites had the content been re-posted in HTML or text. Enough people do that and the key words in it would have caused it to eventually bubble to the top of Google and other search engine pages.

Too bad.

Jim
Hey jim,
Instead of complaining about how you would of done it with little assetts/knowlage why not just do it and say "this is easyer"..........

Tired of the net better than toughs
Mark
Old 12-17-2008

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by travler37 View Post
Hey jim,
Instead of complaining about how you would of done it with little assetts/knowlage why not just do it and say "this is easyer"..........
Because 1. Somebody had said they were already doing it and, quite honestly, 2. This issue is simply not important enough to me to put that much time and effort into it. (Now, before somebody with impaired reading comprehension skills climbs all over me, I will clarify that last bit. I did not say the issue was unimportant. I did not say it wasn't at all important to me. What I did say was it wasn't important enough to me to put that much time and effort into it.)

It's not a question of "easyer" [sic], btw. It's a question of "more effective" - which was my point. Had it been published in an open, portable format, it would have probably seen much wider dissemination. (Btw, Sailormann, spamming MS Word attachments around is a good way to receive unwanted attention from your ISP--especially given the fact that MS Word vulnerabilities are a vehicle by which virus', worms and Trojans are spread. [Which is why one should never open an MS Word doc received from an unknown/unexpected source, but that's a whole 'nother subject.])

Quote:
Originally Posted by travler37 View Post
Tired of the net better than toughs
Mark
Mark, no offence intended, truly, but is English not your native language? Because often you are incomprehensible. I mean to the point that I often just give up trying to make sense of what you're trying to say. The sentence above, for example, simply doesn't parse into anything that makes sense.

Jim
Old 12-17-2008

danielgoldberg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Bene-

I like the new signature... even if you do sail a bendytoy...
That is way out of line, and I demand that this post be deleted. If you can't comment about boats that crack in half and sink, you certainly cannot comment about boats that merely bend. Further, if you fail to accord proper respect to those who sail superior, if oddly designed, French boats, then I'll be forced to, to ... I'm not sure yet, but I'll be forced to do something! And you won't like it a bit!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-17-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgoldberg View Post
That is way out of line, and I demand that this post be deleted. If you can't comment about boats that crack in half and sink, you certainly cannot comment about boats that merely bend. Further, if you fail to accord proper respect to those who sail superior, if oddly designed, French boats, then I'll be forced to, to ... I'm not sure yet, but I'll be forced to do something! And you won't like it a bit!
It is clear to me that you have the rarified "Superior Bendy toy". Which is obviously of much greater quality due to the fact it is on the Great Lakes.
Old 12-17-2008

danielgoldberg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C View Post
It is clear to me that you have the rarified "Superior Bendy toy". Which is obviously of much greater quality due to the fact it is on the Great Lakes.
Au contraire, mon ami, we sail on Long Island Sound, sometimes known as the Great Dead Sea, but certainly not a lake.

But I do agree that we have a "Superior Bendy Toy."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-17-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Damn, never mind, just a plain ol' bendytoy.
Old 12-17-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Today, as we are, I'd take any Beneteau over any prime time patriotic painted blue hull Tartan...
Old 12-17-2008
Thanks Courtney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
Today, as we are, I'd take any Beneteau over any prime time patriotic painted blue hull Tartan...
Yeah, but how about a nice RED one???!!!!!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.